Join us to celebrate the launch of Just Food, a new 6-part podcast series about cultivating justice and health, produced by the Berkeley Food Institute in partnership with the UC Berkeley Advanced Media Institute at the Graduate School of Journalism.
The event will feature a preview of our upcoming episode, “Leveling the Playing Field,” a story about the nation’s first sugar-sweetened beverage tax here in Berkeley—from how the measure came into law in 2014 to how the tax and the revenue it generates are shaping the health of Berkeley residents today. The evening will also include a panel discussion and Q&A session with experts and community members featured in the podcast, followed by a reception with food and drinks.
Learn more about the Just Food podcast series at food.berkeley.edu/just-food-podcast/
This event is free and open to the public. Registration recommended.
- Giuliana Blasi, Youth Development Program Manager, Ecology Center
- Kris Madsen, Associate Professor, Joint Medical Program and Public Health Nutrition, University of California, Berkeley; Faculty Director, Berkeley Food Institute
- Maya Otey, Berkeley High School Student and Ecology Center Intern
- Dechen Tsering, Health Services Programs Specialist, City of Berkeley
- Moderated by Laura Klivans, Bay Area Journalist and Teacher
Opening remarks by Ed Wasserman, Dean, Graduate School of Journalism. Panel discussion will be followed by comments from Sarah Bell, Program Director, 11th Hour Project, Schmidt Family Foundation. A special thank you to the 11th Hour Project of the Schmidt Family Foundation for supporting this podcast series.
SPONSORED BYBerkeley Food Institute and the UC Berkeley Advanced Media Institute
North Gate Hall LibraryGet directions to North Gate Hall Library
This is a FREE event.
Tax-deductible donations from the J-School community help make this possible.
CONTACT INFODiane Villadsen