About Jacob Fenston
- University of California, Berkeley, Graduate School of Journalism MJ expected May 2009
- Bicycling in Cuba takes visitors off the tourist track
- The Washington Post
Emma Brown and Jacob Fenston, class of 2009, write in the Washington Post travel section about a cycling adventure in Cuba.
- Antillean Creole Taught in Paris
- The World
Jacob Fenston, class of 2010, reports on how a Paris high school teacher is rethinking the boundaries of French identity and history with the first-ever Antillean Creole language classes in public schools.
- Scraper Bike Fever Spreads, Thanks To YouTube
- NPR Weekend Edition
Jacob Fenston, class of 2009, reports for NPR Weekend Edition on a group of Oakland teenagers who've garnered a cult following for their YouTube music video about tricked-out bicycles.
- Volunteer Reporter, KBOO 90.7 FM Community Radio, Portland, OR, March 2004 - September 2006 Reported over 50 stories covering local issues, including environment, police, and labor. Also produced and engineered newscast regularly.
- Freelance Reporter, Free Speech Radio News, Labor Radio and The Portland Alliance, March 2004 - September 2006 Covered nationally significant Northwest news.
- Stage Manager/Assistant Stage Manager, Portland Center Stage, August 2005 - July 2007 Responsible for backstage aspects of production.