- Angela Hart '14 Selected for WHCA Scholarship
We are pleased to announce Angela Hart '14 as the selected recipient for the White House Correspondents Association Student Scholarship. On April 27, she had the opportunity to meet the President and receive her award at the annual dinner.
- Adult Women and Eating Disorders
For a growing number of women, anorexia and bulimia aren't just teenage problems. Read the article by Michelle Konstantinovsky '13 published in O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Immigration Symposium for Journalists
Immigration experts from across the country will gather for "The Changing Face of America: Inside the Latino Vote and Immigration Reform," an institute for professional reporters and editors at the J-school May 2-5.
Why did you decide to apply to and attend the J-School?
I just missed the digital media boat during college, so I wanted to come back to school to develop some multimedia and web skills. Berkeley is one of the best schools for my interests and was my first choice for graduate school. Read more
By Students & Alumni
- Guernica Magazine
- On the Beauty of Violence
- This American Life
- I Know I Am, But What Are You?
- The Chronicle of Social Change
- Foundation Launches Project to Reach Crossover Youth
- PBS NewsHour
- Deepa Gangwani: Fomenting Change for Indian Trash Collectors
- Love Your Body at Any Age
Applying to J-School?
Meet With Us:
Information sessions are a great way to meet with Admissions staff and other prospective students. Sessions are held from 5:30-7:00 p.m. in the North Gate Hall Library unless otherwise noted. Topics covered include program overview, degree requirements, admissions information and Q&A opportunity.
- Information Session (RSVP):
- Tuesday, June 25
- Online Q&A Sessions with
Admissions Director Pam Gleason:
- Tuesday, June 11
- 10 am PDT
- 12 noon PDT
- 2 pm PDT
- 4 pm PDT
Contact Pam Gleason to RSVP with the date you plan to attend or if you have application questions.
Select from available appointment times shown above or schedule an individual phone appointment or meeting with Pam Gleason.
- Regular Deadline:
December 1st at 11:59pm PST
- Graduate Application for Admission and Fellowships
- Applicant Summary Sheet
- Postmark deadline for all supplemental application materials
Feel free to contact Admissions.
Community reporting sites, staffed by J-School students, have become vital sources of information for underserved communities in the Bay Area.