Build Your Reporting Skills
The Berkeley J-School offers a two-year Master of Journalism (M.J.) degree program that emphasizes advanced reporting and technical skills for print, broadcast, and online media.
We encourage cross-training. Berkeley students take a broad variety of courses and gain expertise in the media platforms and reporting topics of their choice. Today's job market requires journalists to have an exceptional array of skills and experience.
Exploration and versatility are major features of our curriculum. We consider journalistic integrity and objective reporting to be the foundation for everything we teach.
- ADMISSIONS QUICKLINKS
- 2010-2011 Admissions Statistics
Admitted Students: 88
- Request a Brochure
Class of 2014: 50
- OUTREACH SCHEDULE
- Contact J-School Admissions
- APPLICATION KEY FEATURES
- Berkeley Graduate Online Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- 1 Transcript, pdf upload
- 3 Letters of Recommendation, online
- 3 Journalistic Work Samples, online
- Resume, pdf upload
- Contact Pam Gleason - Admissions and Career Services Director 510-642-3654