- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Berkeley, Graduate School of Journalism MJ. Expected Graduation Date in May 2010. Emphasis in Print,New Media,Photography.
- War Zones - From Afghanistan To East Oakland
- San Francisco Chronicle/ SFGate
Huda Ahmed,class of 2010, writes in San Francisco Chronicle/ SFGate about refugees try to assimilate to the new life in U.S. and the challenges they face.
- One of six Iraqi journalists of McClatchy Newspaper's( former Knight Ridder)Baghdad Bureau recipients of the International Courage Award of Journalism 2007 by The International Women’s Media Foundation(IWMF).
- A recipient of joint fellowship (as a visiting fellow)of 2007-2008 at the Center for International Security and Cooperation (CISAC)and the Center for Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law( CDDRL),Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies (FSI), Stanford University.
- A recipient of the International Women’s Media Foundation’s Fellowship of Elizabeth Neuffer for 2006-2007.
- participated in the workshop conference of Journalism & Women Symposium (JAWS)in the United States 2005.
- Recognized by former Knight Ridder’s ( McClatchy Newspapers) Washington Bureau for “extraordinary” bravery in covering combat during the siege of Najaf in Southern Iraq,2004.
- Volunteered at Women for Women Organization in Baghdad, a nonprofit women’s group,2003.
- McClatchy Newspapers (former Knight Ridder) Baghdad,Iraq/July 2004-Oct.2006.Assist in coverage and translation of a wide range of feature and spot news stories. Reported on Iraq’s historic elections and was instrumental in breaking news of female and male militants, women voter outreach and the new Iraqi security forces, corruption,politics and violence coverage news.
- The Washington Post, Baghdad, Iraq/April 2003-June 2004.Worked as an interpreter, researcher and reporter. Assisted in coverage of the search for weapons of mass destruction, the looting after the former regime fall, the rebuilding of the Iraqi police force, the secret massacre of high school students during Saddam Hussein’s era, the abuse of women in the Islamic world and the boom in wartime marriages. And other most important coverage news related to Iraq.
- The Daily Baghdad Observer and Al-Jumhurriya Daily, Baghdad,Iraq.Oct.1992-Sep.1994. Translated books, newspapers, magazines from English-Arabic under the heavy censorship by Saddam Hussein’s government.These newspapers were funded by the former regime.
- (1996 in Tunisia and 1997-2001 in Libya) National Tunisian Printing and Publishing Co.In Tunisia and Libya.Translated variety of magazines,books and short stories from English-Arabic and vice versa.Was one of the few Iraqi women allowed to live alone and work outside the country during the former Iraqi regime.
- Misrata High School for Girls in Libya (1997-2001).Taught English mainly and Arabic as assistant language to Libyan schoolgirls and schoolboys.
- Fateh Medical Technical Institute in Libya 2000. Taught advanced English conversation and writing to medical students.
Final Pro Cut, Soundtrack Pro, Soundslide, Basic Flash. Digital Photography. Internet research and media wires.
Fluent in Arabic and English. Have traveled and lived in several countries throughout the Middle East.