About Adithya Sambamurthy
- University of California, Berkeley, Graduate School of Journalism MJ expected May 2008
- Labor Shortage Threatens India's Coconut Industry
- The World
Adithya Sambamurthy, class of 2008, reports for PRI's The World about the shortage of climbers in India's coconut industry, and a government-sponsored competition to build a mechanical coconut harvester.
- We Didn't Need This Europe
- Transitions Online
Adithya Sambamurthy, class of 2008, writes in Transitions Online about the closure of two Soviet-era nuclear reactors in Bulgaria, as a condition for European Union membership.
- Photo/Video Intern, San Jose Mercury News, June 2007 - September 2007 Produced short video and multimedia pieces in addition to photographing news, features and projects.
- Contributor, BusinessWeek Online, Transitions Online Traveled to Bulgaria to report and write a long-form story which was published in BusinessWeek Online and in Transitions.
- Producer, FRONTLINE/World, Produced, shot and edited two pieces for FRONTLINE/World's website. "Tsunami Brides," an audio slide show for web feature "Flashpoint," and "Radiant Futures," a video for the Roughcut web video series. Both projects are currently under production.
- Production assistant, FRONTLINE/World, February 2007 - June 2007 Helped with day-to-day operations for both FRONTLINE and FRONTLINE/World in broadcast and on the web.
- News Intern, KTVU-Channel 2 News Researched and assisted investigative reporter Roland De Wolk on stories for the 10pm newscast. Co-produced a piece for a news segment.
- Staff Photojournalist, The News-Press, Ft Myers, FL, May 2005 - June 2006 Daily assignments including breaking news, features, portraits and projects. Covered Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma in Florida. Produced a photo essay working 3 months with a writer on the life of an undocumented teenage day laborer who has lived most of life in Ft Myers. Produced a bi-weekly photo column, in pictures and words, for the features section of the paper.
- Intern Photojournalist, St. Petersburg Times, St. Petersburg, FL, January 2005 - May 2005 Daily assignments including breaking news, features, portraits and projects. Circ 394,000.
- Poynter Institute Visual Journalism Fellowship, St. Petersburg, FL, June 2004 - August 2004 Selected as one of 8 college photographers to attend. Produced photo essays in geographical beat in St. Petersburg. Collaborated with a writer and a designer in producing multi-media stories.
- Producer, “Church Under The Bridge,” 2003 Eight-minute documentary on a Baptist congregation, holding church services under the busiest interstate overpass in Austin, TX. Produced in DV format. Screened at the CinemaTexas student short-film festival the same year.