- Friday, March 21st
- Data Visualization for Storytellers
Data Visualization for Storytellers is a two-day, hands-on certificate program focused on communicating complex information with visually appealing charts, graphs and maps.
Advance Registration is Required
- Friday, March 21st
- The Shadow Circus: The CIA in Tibet by Ritu Sarin & Tenzing Sonam
With unique archive footage and exclusive interviews with former resistance fighters and surviving CIA operatives, The Shadow Circus: The CIA in Tibet reveals for the first time this unknown chapter in Tibet's recent history – a tale that is both heroic and tragic, full of sad ironies and unexpected twists that overturn all preconceptions about both Tibet and the CIA.
- Monday, June 2nd
- Multimedia Storytelling Institute 2014
To stay ahead in the new media environment you must be proficient in storytelling with video, photography, and data visualization tools and technologies. Plus, be a producer of online content to websites, news sites, blogs, and social networks. This intensive two-week program is a hands-on training in essential skills for digital media production.
Advance Registration Required
- Thursday, February 6th, 2014
- YANGON: REPORTS FROM MYANMAR AND AMERICA
A screening of videos about different aspects of life in today's Myanmar.
- Wednesday, February 5th, 2014
- Reporting in an Age of Eavesdropping - [RSVP REQUIRED]
Join us for a discussion with three distinguished experts at the intersection of journalism and cybersecurity.
- Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
- Consumed: Food for a Finite Planet
Michael Pollan and Sarah Elton will discuss Elton’s new book, Consumed: Food for a Finite Planet.
- Monday, December 9th, 2013
- DAVID HOFFMAN | Citizens Rising: Independent Journalism and the Spread of Democracy
From the fall of the Soviet Union to the Arab Spring to today's continuing conflicts, media have played a decisive role in political affairs across the globe—driving the revolutionary changes shaping today's new world. This is the first book presenting a comprehensive look at the emergence of media as a primary actor, and not merely an observer, of global affairs.
- Thursday, December 5th, 2013
- NEAL CONAN | NPR in the 21st Century
Please join Neal Conan in conversation with UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism professor, Ben Manilla.
- Tuesday, November 19th, 2013
- Motherhood and Politics: Conservative Women Negotiate Ideology and Strategy
This project explores how conservative women leaders negotiate the tension between traditional views of motherhood and their desire to engage politically.
- Thursday, November 7th, 2013
- An Evening with Mother Jones Editors, Monika Bauerlein and Clara Jeffery
Join Mother Jones co-editors Monika Bauerlein and Clara Jeffery for a discussion about magazine publishing and editing. They'll discuss the challenges of running a magazine, how they function as a co-editing team and what it's like being women at the helm of a political publication.
- Wednesday, November 6th, 2013
- RUSSELL SHORTO | AMSTERDAM: A History of the World’s Most Liberal City
Michael Pollan and Russell Shorto will discuss Shorto’s new book, AMSTERDAM: A History of the World's Most Liberal City.
- Monday, October 28th, 2013
- THE FOOD EXCHANGE | FALL 2013 LECTURE SERIES - The Right to Food: Reshaping Policies for Development & Public Health
A panel discussion moderated by Edward Wasserman, Dean, Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism.
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013
- JOHN NICHOLS & BOB McCHESNEY | Dollarocracy
John Nichols and Bob McChesney will discuss their new book, Dollarocracy, which chronicles the commercialization of American election campaigns and the conversion of America from a democracy to a Dollarocracy.
You can subscribe to J-School event notifications in three ways:
- Mailing list: Receive email notifications about upcoming events
- RSS Feed: Add the J-School events feed to your favorite RSS reader
- iCal/ics calendar: If you're using Apple's iCal (or another .ics-compatible calendar that allows you to subscribe to public calendars), subscribe to the following URL:
- Mac users, click here for instant iCal subscription.