Journalism Jobs & Internships
Writer & Editor
Do you like telling stories? Do you like saving animals, spending time in the woods, or staying current on climate change policy? Then this could be the job for you. The Nature Conservancy is looking for an experienced writer to join the Donor Communications Team in our California Chapter. The Nature Conservancy is a global organization that is finding solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges. We need a storyteller who can work closely with our scientists and conservation leaders to convey their complex work in language that resonates with our major donors, partners, policymakers and other key audiences.
You would be responsible for writing and editing donor communications materials for the California Chapter including monthly newsletters, bi-annual Executive Director updates, proposals, reports, fact sheets, and other materials highlighting our conservation work. You must be able to 1) make a strong case for our conservation strategies and projects, 2) demonstrate a deep understanding of key audiences, and 3) synthesize complex information into language that resonates with donors and other stakeholders.
This role requires a proactive problem-solver who can partner with many different people—executive, fundraising, marketing, and conservation staff—to pull together well-written materials on tight deadlines.
DETAILSSALARY: Commensurate with experience + full benefits
WORK SETTING: Office
CONTACT INFOJoanna Marshall
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSMinimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience writing and editing newsletters, executive communications, nonfiction articles for print and/or web, proposals, reports, profiles, fact sheets or similar materials.
- Experience writing for diverse audiences including executive team, donors, board members, media, policy makers, and the public or similar.
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience working across multiple departments.
- Experience implementing and measuring communication and engagement plans/strategies.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Reporting and journalism experience.
- Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices.
- Familiarity with design software, like InDesign, and content management systems, like WordPress or Craft CMS.
- Experience leading or managing projects.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate internal and external constituents.
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: December 29, 2017
Go to our careers page to see all the details about the role and apply through our online portal. In case the link doesn’t work, go to careers.nature.org and search for #45960 – Philanthropy Writer & Editor. We look forward to hearing from you!