Journalism Jobs & Internships
Watchdog & Accountability Editor
The San Diego Union-Tribune is seeking a topic editor to supervise its Watchdog & Accountability team, which consists of two investigative reporters, one data specialist and beat reporters for education, military, government and politics.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to supervise reporters, oversee newsgathering, enforce standards, edit copy and orchestrate collaboration with other groups. Topic editors share with peers the work of managing the home page and other digital assets and work with the group to prioritize and plan.
Major objectives and responsibilities:
- Direct coverage, orchestrate collaboration
- Edit stories, enforce standards
- Manage digital assets
- Lead team in annual, monthly and weekly planning
DETAILSSALARY: Not Specified
WORK SETTING: Office
CONTACT INFORicky Young, Chief Digital Editor
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or the arts
- Work Experience: Ten years of experience as a professional journalist at reputable news publication or website
- Knowledge / Skills / Abilities: Ability to manage teams, topic knowledge appropriate to area of coverage, working knowledge of digital analytics and social media platforms, advanced critical thinking skills, advanced editing and collaboration skills, advanced command of the fundamentals of journalism: Fairness, accuracy, accessibility