Journalism Jobs & Internships
ABP Media is seeking a video editor to work on our editorial team. We’re a media and live events company focused on telling stories that connect audiences with issues that affect their lives and deliver a diverse array of perspectives. As a startup, we’re building this thing from scratch, so we’re looking for a self-starter who’s eager to be part of the creative brain trust. We’re seeking someone who can hit the ground running, is flexible in the face of change and loves a good challenge. This position is based in San Francisco.
Along with producing quick-turn videos on trending topics, you’ll shoot and edit longer features and ongoing series. You’ll also help shape the editorial voice of the site, and as part of a small team, there will be plenty of room to grow with the company!
The ideal candidate is a storyteller and news junkie who finds innovative, surprising ways to approach timely subjects. You should be capable of taking a video from initial idea to beautiful finished package, and be up to date on best practices for videos that live on our website and social platforms. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic about telling human stories that matter and creating content that performs.
A Beautiful Perspective is a live events and online media company for people seeking the information and context to develop their own views and engage with the world around them. Through news, information, analysis, an array of voices and curated live events, ABP seeks to share perspectives from around the world, encourage a sense of discovery and understanding, and inspire people to become more involved in their communities.
We reach Millennials and Generation Z where they live and play, on mobile devices and social media, and at live, multifaceted events like Emerge Impact + Music.
ABP’s editorial arm, ABP Media, produces and distributes content about current events and culture, sharing thoughtful analysis on today’s issues and tomorrow’s big ideas. ABP Media produces in-depth stories, clever explainers and insightful interviews with people on the frontlines of the most compelling stories — all in a variety of formats and mediums.
WORK SETTING: Office
CONTACT INFOTovin Lapan
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSDuties include:
- Working closely with Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Director to develop and execute video strategy
- Producing smart, engaging video content that reflects the tone of the site.
- Pre-production for video shoots, including research, scheduling and sourcing assets
- Shooting video in the field or studio
- Editing a range of videos, including quick-turn news stories and longer features.
- Developing content for various platforms and audiences, ranging from Facebook to YouTube to live events
- Pitching original stories and recognizing opportunities for video to complement pieces already in the pipeline
- Working with our events team to develop content for and about ABP’s festivals and live events
- Ace shooting ability: must be able to create polished, documentary-style video
- Expert with video editing software; proficient with After Effects, Motion Graphics Design and animation a plus
- Superb organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent collaborator, eager to work on a small, highly engaged team
HOW TO APPLYDeadline:
To apply, send your reel, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Video Editor” in the subject line.