Journalism Jobs & Internships
Senior Content Lead
Do you have deep experience working with writers and creators across media formats? Do you have a talent for creative content packaging, strong headline writing, and masterful editing? Are you passionate about educating and supporting moms and dads on their parenting journey?
If so, you may be just right for the role of senior content lead at BabyCenter, the #1 digital resource for new and expectant parents.
We’re looking for a standout, experienced content creator and editor who’s a wizard with words, a master of visuals, a critical thinker, a fount of ideas, a superb story packager, a consummate collaborator, and an organizational dream.
The BabyCenter senior content lead position is a great opportunity for a journalistic-minded creative who’s excited to dive into topics that resonate with today’s parents, and who’s eager to work with creators in a variety of formats, from text to imagery and video to audio.
This is a senior-level, full-time contract position. A presence in our San Francisco office is preferred but not required.
- Plan, conceptualize, assign, edit, publish, and program best-in-class pregnancy and parenting content
- Manage complex, multipart projects, and launch them on time
- Work closely with freelance writers, staff editors, and others to develop, deliver, and promote quality content across multiple owned and operated platforms as well as external social, audio, and video channels
- Grab data and derive insights to inform content ideas and planning
- Partner effectively with team members in the areas of editorial, social media, video, email, mobile, production, sales, analytics, marketing, and engineering to develop content and experiment with new topics, formats, and platforms
- Constantly look for ways to improve our user experiences, BabyCenter processes, and our business
WORK SETTING: Office, Remote
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience creating content, especially overseeing and editing writers, videographers, and other contributors
- Knowledge of pregnancy, parenting, lifestyle, and health subject matter
- A solid understanding of digital media and writing for a consumer audience, including knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
- Demonstrated ability to make complex information digestible and engaging while maintaining accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize and package content in a coherent and engaging way
- Demonstrated ability to oversee complex projects, marshal and manage freelancers, and reliably meet deadlines
- Experience creating and distributing content in a range of digital media formats, and interest in experimenting with new platforms and formats
- A collaborative spirit
- A passion for service journalism
- A firm understanding of and adherence to journalistic standards and ethics
- A personal network of talented freelance writers and editors
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: June 9, 2018
Send your resume with a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Senior Content Lead” in the subject line or your email will be missed.
In your cover note, let us know why you’re interested in working for BabyCenter and why you think you’re a good fit for the position. Engage your reader with approachable writing – this isn’t the place for formal, corporate style. Thank you!