Journalism Jobs & Internships
Scientific and Grants Writer
Dascena, Inc. is a science and technology company in Hayward, CA developing algorithms as predictive indicators for complex conditions in inpatient and emergency medical settings. Our NIH-funded machine learning and clinical research has led to our suite of AlgoDiagnosticsTM for predicting acute decompensation, sepsis, and acute kidney injury, resulting in several peer-reviewed publications. Providers across the country use our AlgoDiagnostics on tens of thousands of patients per year to make early, accurate, and often life-saving interventions. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities, to benefit patients worldwide.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, positive, self-motivated individual to join our writing team full time. We offer the opportunity to work remotely if desired. Experience with scientific manuscript writing is required, and grant writing experience is preferred (NIH and SBIR preferred). Please be prepared to provide writing samples of previously submitted scientific papers or grants.
As a Scientific Writer, your responsibilities would include the following:
- Researching papers in various scientific fields, and synthesizing complex scientific content.
- Writing, editing and revising manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Writing, editing and revising NIH (SBIR) grant applications.
- Articulating the intellectual merit and broader impact of projects.
- Providing support and project management to help develop and prepare proposals.
- Preparing manuscripts for submission to journals and government agencies.
- Working with technical teams to develop new applications.
- Preparing research summaries, white papers, and presentations.
- Ability to work remotely
- Some flexibility in hours
- Authorship on publications
- Writing sample from scientific manuscript or grant
- Cover Letter
Learn more about us at Dascena.com
Dascena Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
WORK SETTING: Remote
CONTACT INFOJana Hoffman
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSRequirements
- Scientific manuscript writing experience, health care or machine learning related experience preferred.
- Outstanding clear and concise writing skills for scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to multitask and quickly prioritize work assignments to deadline.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast paced environment with quick turnaround.
- Excellent communications skills, and a commitment to accurate, rapid, and clear communication.
- Interest in patient health, machine learning, and big data.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, other life science, or relevant background. PhD preferred. Postdoctoral fellows with grant writing experience preferred.
- Scientific writing experience, preferably in a healthcare/ research/ academic environment.
- Proven experience writing grants, including NIH SBIR proposals, and/or experience with other funding mechanisms. Evidence of successful grant writing and grant management.
HOW TO APPLYDeadline:
Apply online at http://www.dascena.com/