Location: St. Paul, MN
Are you looking for Internships/Fellowships at the largest station-based public radio organization in the US?
If so, look no further. Our Internship and Fellowship program will give YOU the real-world experience you are seeking in production, research, reporting, interviewing, audio and digital storytelling and more, as well as experience in public media operations. In addition to professional development, this program will help you build a network with other professionals in the industry. Don’t miss out on the chance to build your professional portfolio alongside the best people within public media.
Who we are:
American Public Media is the largest station-based public radio organization in the U.S., combining multi-regional station operations, national content creation and distribution in one organization. With a portfolio that includes Live from Here with Chris Thile, BBC World Service, Marketplace and the leading classical music programming in the nation, APM is one of the largest producers of public radio programming in the world. One thousand stations carry American Public Media’s 20-plus national programs. Its multi-regional station operations include 49 public radio stations and 42 translators in the Upper Midwest and California. APM podcasts offers a diverse array of podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, business and investigative journalism.
Intern, Research Reporter/APM Reports:
If breaking big investigative stories that make a difference in the world is in your future, this is the internship for you. It will immerse you in the nitty-gritty of investigative journalism — the document chasing, data-gathering and source managing required to get the story. APM Reports needs diggers, otherwise called research reporters who relentlessly chase background information, records, data and people. Our journalism goes deep and includes multiple dimensions of an issue, often a result of the research reporting at APM Reports. You’ll work side-by-side with some of the best in the business, pursuing stories that bring to light neglect, corruption and abuse of power.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSRequired Qualifications:
- Passionate about journalism and its importance in a functioning, healthy democracy.
- Enrolled Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months.
- Working or worked for — college news operations, i.e. newspaper, radio station, website, magazine.
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines consistently, communicate clearly with colleagues.
- Research skills, digging up archival materials, finding sources.
- Ability to work on a variety of assignments.
- Basic knowledge of important national news issues.
- Successfully completed an internship in journalism.
- Acquiring, cleaning, presenting data.
- Using audio production and editing equipment.
- Writing open record requests.
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: March 15, 2019
Apply at: https://americanpublicmedia.applicantpro.com/jobs/1004868.html by March 15, 2019