Journalism Jobs & Internships
Outreach and Communications Coordinator — Documentary Impact Producing
Bay Area-based impact producer is seeking a savvy, self-motivated, detail-oriented and eager person to support with research, outreach, and communications on several exciting, high-profile documentary projects this summer including films that premiered within the past year at Sundance, Tribeca, and Netflix.
This is an exiting opportunity to gain experience and mentorship in the rapidly growing field of impact producing — which is the art of strategically leveraging film for social impact and equity — a skillset that is only becoming higher demand in the non-fiction storytelling and media industry. Plus, an introduction to independent film distribution.
WORK SETTING: Varies
CONTACT INFONatalie Teter
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest in social, political, environmental and economic issues
- Passionate about leveraging storytelling and documentary film for social change
- Detail-oriented, systems-oriented, you like spreadsheets and organizing data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills — able to craft emails to potential partner organizations and follow-up with phone calls
- Prior experience in social media management a plus
- Interest in independent film production and distribution a plus
- Available for flexible hours anywhere from 10-25/week, beginning immediately
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: June 19, 2018
Please email Natalie with a resume, and state in the email body the reason for your interest in the position — no need for a formal cover letter.