Journalism Jobs & Internships
Internship: The Commonwealth Club of California
Media/Public Relations Intern
Location: 110 The Embarcadero, San Francisco
Application deadline: Ongoing
Duration: ideal minimum of 4 to 6 months, 2 to 3 days per week, 10 to 15 hours, Mondays and Wednesdays.
This is a part-time, non-paid position with a small travel stipend. However, it offers a unique learning experience and college credit.
– the nation’s premier public affairs forum –
seeks a Media/Public Relations Intern
The Commonwealth Club seeks a motivated, bright & organized intern to assist our Director of Media and Public Relations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys writing, looking for hands-on experience and would like to learn journalistic writing and the basics of public relations.
The Commonwealth Club is the nation’s oldest and largest public affairs forum. Since our founding in 1903 we have hosted prominent men and women from every field of human endeavor, from the Dalai Lama to Bill Gates, Audrey Hepburn to Anthony Bourdain, Spike Lee to Robert Redford, and virtually every president since Teddy Roosevelt.
The PR Intern will:
• Assist the Media/Public Relations Director in all activities.
• Assist in the writing of calendars, media advisories and press releases.
• Staff high-profile events by assisting with media check-in.
• Conduct internet research to identify and contact possible program attendees when needed.
• Help to update and maintain press lists and media coverage tracking.
• Assist with press clips and monitoring.
• Interact with TV, print, radio and news websites to gain coverage for Club programs.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
WORK SETTING: Office
CONTACT INFORiki Rafner
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSQualifications: Basic grammar skills required. Good writer. Excellent communication skills and quick learner. Attention to detail. Interest in current events. Good sense of humor extremely helpful! Also, experience with new media a plus! This opportunity affords great contacts, location. It is ideally suited for recent graduate, college student and/or for anyone interested in gaining invaluable experience in non-profit and media-related work, as well as, the opportunity to interface with leading figures from politics, media, academia and the arts. How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to: Riki Rafner at email@example.com. Our new office location is conveniently located 110 The Embarcadero, SF. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web site: http://www.commonwealthclub.org/ Phone: 415-597-6712
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: January 31, 2020
Please email resume to email@example.com.