Journalism Jobs & Internships
Managing Editor, News-Talk
Status: Full Time; Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
We are hiring for the position of Managing Editor, News-Talk. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most vibrant and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an industry leader in public radio, we work to inform and empower our listeners through excellent storytelling and community engagement. Together, we build an epic workplace where anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation. We bring our passion and have fun. Above all, our audience comes first.
As Managing Editor News-Talk (ME N-T) you will lead Insight with Beth Ruyak and play a key role in the future development of CapRadio’s talk show division. You are strategic and forward-thinking; a self-starter who is able to see the big picture, while simultaneously focusing on current tasks and tactics. You create an inspiring environment, working with producers and hosts to develop editorial goals and standards. You also collaborate closely with the Chief Content Officer, ME News and ME Music to implement CapRadio’s strategic vision for Content.
- Minimum seven years full-time professional, progressively responsible experience in radio news.
- Strong management skills with a track record of leadership.
- A four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of public radio talk show programming.
- Excellent news judgment and ability to conceive and shape topics.
- Advanced copy editing and broadcast writing skills.
- A broad knowledge of local, regional, national and international political, legislative, economic, scientific, arts and cultural affairs.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a live program, deadline driven, high stress environment and maintain cool under pressure.
- High level digital knowledge and skills including audio editing software, such as Adobe Audition or Pro Tools.
- Highly familiar with social media and relevant platforms.
- Commitment to company values.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Submit cover letter, resume, and audio or print reporting samples to: email@example.com
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
WORK SETTING: Office
CONTACT INFOHuman Resources