Journalism Jobs & Internships
South Bay Accent, a 40-year award-winning, bi-monthly, regional lifestyle
magazine serving San Francisco’s South Bay: Silicon Valley, San Jose and the
Peninsula (Santa Clara County, CA) has a remote, part-time freelance contractor
position available for an experienced Managing Editor residing in the Bay Area.
• Researching and developing story ideas pertinent to the area and
• Assigning stories
• Editing, writing, headlines, decks and cover lines
• Interacting with design, production and advertising elements
The ideal candidate is an upbeat, dependable, intelligent and detail-oriented
professional who is highly organized, has a flexible schedule and can work
efficiently under deadline pressure.
• Lifestyle oriented magazine writing/editing experience required
• Good research skills and story development capabilities
• Creative headline and deck writing
• Expert knowledge of AP style
• Must be highly in-tune with Santa Clara County/Silicon Valley
• Excellent proof reading skills required
Thank you for your application.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A journalism or related degree and 8+ years of magazine writing/editing experience SILICON VALLEY, SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CA CANDIDATES ONLY! Note: Qualified applicants will be required to complete a sample editorial test assignment for creativity, style and capability purposes. (supplied text) Please only apply if you have print publication experience and are an established freelancer who meets the specifications for this position.
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: July 9, 2019
Please submit a cover letter, resume in PDF format only, and samples of
published print stories to HR@southbataccent.com