KALW Audio Academy Radio Journalism Training Program
KALW Public Radio is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Audio Academy! This is a nine-month professional audio journalism training program, offered tuition-free. It includes weekly seminars, one-on-one mentorship, and hands-on production experience. We are looking for stand-out individuals – creative thinkers, great storytellers, people who dream in sound and story and are hungry to break into the world of audio. We’re an NPR and BBC affiliate in San Francisco with a track record of developing new and diverse public media talent. Application info on our website. The deadline to apply is April 12th.
DETAILSSALARY: Unpaid (Training will be provided)
WORK SETTING: Varies
CONTACT INFOMarissa Ortega-Welch
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Creative thinkers, great writers, audiophiles who dream in sound & story
- Anyone who is hungry to break into the world of audio journalism
- People with a passion for covering a diversity of communities
- Ideally, people who are knowledgeable about the Bay Area
- Team players ready to work hard in a supportive newsroom
- Fans of workday dance parties (appreciated but not required!)
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: April 12, 2019
Info on how to apply available on our website.