Journalism Jobs & Internships
Investigative Reporter at Tarbell.org
Tarbell.org, a dynamic and innovating nonprofit news outlet, is seeking a unique and ambitious teammate to produce extraordinary feature stories for our online platform and potential podcasts. The right candidate will take a dedicated and creative approach to investigative reporting.
We’re in the process of shifting our model of nonprofit journalism, and as such, we’re looking for a strong, independently-driven investigative reporter who can vet tips from readers, research a story to its brink, and write what they find in a compelling manner.
DETAILSSALARY: Competitive, based on experience
WORK SETTING: Office
CONTACT INFOKatherine Terry
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSAge or experience is not a qualifying factor, but we are looking for a candidate who demonstrates a high level of flair and tenacity in their reporting, as well as a willingness to try new things. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Investigating short- and long-term enterprise projects and features
- Monitoring previous investigations for follow-up stories and updates
- Researching and writing solution pieces to accompany investigations, based on expert opinions and proven innovations
- Reviewing copy for accuracy and legal precautions
- Generating story ideas for collaborative reporting projects with other news outlets
- Cooperating with the engagement editor to disseminate the story and brainstorm creative ideas to share investigations
HOW TO APPLYDeadline:
Please send a CV, cover letter and three clips demonstrating investigative or enterprise reporting skills to Katherine Terry via email@example.com. In the cover letter, please describe a unique storytelling method or idea you would hope to pursue in the context of investigative journalism.