Journalism Jobs & Internships
General Science Writer
We’re looking for a full-time general science writer to join our San Francisco offices. This role will require you write about a variety of subjects, from breakthroughs in gene-editing to NASA’s newest exploits. For this position, you must feel comfortable conducting interviews with researchers, reporting on timely science news, and writing feature length articles. This is a fast-paced environment and requires a solid general science foundation.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and two writing samples to email@example.com.
The subject line should read “SF SCIENCE WRITER”
Why should you work for IFLScience?
Frankly, we’re awesome. You get to talk about science all day and hang about with our other awesome employees. And you don’t just get to enjoy coming to work every day, you also get amazing benefits like:
- 4 weeks paid vacation.
- Up to a year’s family leave for new parents, fully paid.
- A three-day weekend once per month, just because we like you.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.
- A yearly “holiday bonus” to cover a vacation somewhere exciting. Yes, that means we’ll pay for your vacation!
- Up to 8% 401K matching scheme.
Please note that some of the benefits listed above accrue over time and are not available immediately.
WORK SETTING: Office
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSQualifications
- Science degree
- Journalism experience/journalism post-grad degree.
- Passionate about science communication.