Journalism Jobs & Internships
We’re looking for an editorial assistant to join our San Francisco office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build a career in journalism.
This role will vary greatly from day to day. You may spend your time writing short articles, republishing content from our partners, transcribing interviews, and writing “listicle” type articles.
We believe in promoting from within, and other editorial assistants have gone on to become writers and editors at IFLScience.
You don’t need a science degree, but you do need to be passionately interested in the topic and comfortable writing about a wide variety of subjects. If you devour David Attenborough documentaries and love talking about CERN’s latest findings, you’ll fit right in.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line should read “SF EDITORIAL ASSISTANT”
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR IFLSCIENCE?
Frankly, we’re awesome. You get to talk about science all day and hang about with our other awesome employees. And you don’t just get to enjoy coming to work every day, you also get amazing benefits like:
- 4 weeks paid vacation.
- Up to a year’s family leave for new parents, fully paid.
- A three-day weekend once per month, just because we like you.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.
- A yearly “holiday bonus” to cover a vacation somewhere exciting. Yes, that means we’ll pay for your vacation!
- Up to 8% 401K matching scheme.
Please note that some of the benefits listed above accrue over time and are not available immediately.
WORK SETTING: Office
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Journalism experience. Can be degree or practical.
- Passionate about science.