Journalism Jobs & Internships
The Forbes business section is looking for contributing writers for a wide variety of subjects.
Contributors write five articles a month. You can write news hits, features and analytical pieces. There’s room for creativity as long as you have a business angle. A finance journalism background is not required.
See the subject areas below. Please only apply for 1-2 max.
- Media & Entertainment: We are open to other beats, but we are especially interested in writers to cover the business of amusement parks, Bollywood, books, comedy, comics/graphic novels, K-pop, music (genre-specific a plus, especially hip-hop or pop), news media (particularly TV but also print) or television. We are also looking for writers who are able to do quick takes on time-sensitive news items.
- Retail: Again, we are open to other interests but we are especially interested in writers to cover toys/collectibles or sneakers as well as writers who can cover time-sensitive news.
- We are also looking for contributors to cover the business of food or sports as well as the science of sex/sexual health.
WORK SETTING: Remote
CONTACT INFOHayley Cuccinello
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: October 17, 2017
To apply, please send the following with the subject line “FORBES APPLICATION: [SUBJECT AREA]”:
- Brief bio. I don’t care if it’s first or third person (though second would be strange). Just give a sense of your writing experience, interests and relevant expertise.
- Links to three clips. College publications and blog posts count.
- Link to portfolio (if you have one).
No word docs or PDFs please.
To apply for the RETAIL or MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT section, please email producer Hayley Cuccinello (email@example.com). For SPORTS, FOOD or SEX, please email producer Dan Kleinman (firstname.lastname@example.org).