The Communications Manager reports directly to the Director of Development, and works closely with the entire 826 National team to envision and execute strategy regarding 826 National and the 826 Network’s external messaging.
This is a full-time, remote position, with preference for candidates located in an 826 chapter city: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Ann Arbor/Detroit, New Orleans, Washington D.C., Boston, New York. At times, this position requires travel and out-of-hours work.
WORK SETTING: Office, Remote, Varies
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop and execute the strategy to share 826 National’s mission and impact with targeted and mass audiences, utilizing print, digital, media, and in-person opportunities.
- Play a leading role in designing and implementing the promotion of 826 Digital, our new online resource platform for educators.
- Support the 826 Network by providing leadership via ongoing digital and social media coordination, strategies, and tactics.
- Monitor and engage in the national media conversation surrounding education and, specifically, the teaching of writing.
- Work actively to increase 826 National’s social media engagement and exposure by setting and achieving quarterly benchmarks for growth across multiple media channels (e.g., social media platforms, website, etc.).
- Monitor, analyze, and report on current baseline results and set KPIs to track and build engagement.
- Create, modify, and manage content on 826national.org, ensuring relevant and engaging content is user-friendly and front and center.
- Lead development and creation of key external messaging tools, e.g., 826 National informational one-sheets and annual report.
- Serve as the main protector and champion of the 826 National brand, and ensure consistent branding across all 826 National outward-facing materials.
- Monitor digital and social media trends, making recommendations to leadership when new platform opportunities present themselves.
- Develop, manage, and execute the 826 National editorial calendar that accomplishes our strategic communications goals, including content themes that connect with the national conversation around writing and education as well as social media trending topics. This could involve, but not be limited to, creating Network-wide mini-campaigns that can be pushed out nationally across chapters.
- Manage and produce monthly public newsletters.
- Support 826 National interns to produce communication content.
- Serve as staff liaison on 826 National’s Board Communications Committee.SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A flexible, creative, entrepreneurial spirit with a demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of 826 National and the 826 Network
- Exceptional and proven written and oral communication skills
- 2+ years of relevant, professional communications experience
- Ability to plan, manage, and execute communications campaigns across multiple platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Demonstrated mastery of social media platform management, including developing tactics for user engagement and experience with analytics
- A solutions-based thinker, who approaches new ideas or challenges openly and positively
- Awareness of current trends and events as they relate to the role and the organization
- Experience working and communicating with diverse constituents, teams and colleagues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to take ownership and drive activities to completion
- Proven organizational and project management skills
- Familiarity with MailChimp and WordPress a plusPosition is open until filled. Final compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits: Comprehensive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision care, and retirement, paid holidays, 15 days of annual vacation for the first two years of employment, with increases thereafter.
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: June 15, 2019
How to Apply
Please visit https://826national.typeform.com/to/zPDVOO to complete an online application and submit a resume and detailed cover letter highlighting your interest and relevant experience.