Journalism Jobs & Internships
The American Jobs Initiative is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the role of Communications Assistant. The Communications Assistant will support the directors and program coordinators of AJI with internal and external communications, information management, and outreach coordination. This position is part-time, up to 20 hours per week, and offers a competitive pay of $15-$20 per hour. Qualified applicants must send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and will be required to demonstrate relevant knowledge through a communications exercise assigned after an initial interview.
The American Jobs Initiative
The American Jobs Initiative is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, think-and-do tank focused on creating good-paying jobs in advanced energy and manufacturing through bottom-up, data-driven, 360° economic development. AJI is a 501(c)3 organization and is affiliated with the Berkeley Energy and Climate Institute.
We offer expertise on best practice strategies for bolstering advanced energy and manufacturing, identify assets across the value chain, estimate an industry’s job-supporting potential, and support stakeholder-led initiatives by communicating ideas and analyses.
Through engagement with a broad cross-section of stakeholders, we develop a shared vision of effective strategies to leverage the unique competitive advantages offered by each state and generate positive economic impacts.
Outreach & Communications
- Identify strategic communications assets and opportunities
- Draft and edit copy for outreach materials
- Manage social media platforms
- Facilitate, coordinate, and support follow-ups to internal and external meetings/working groups
- Communicate a clear, consistent message of AJI’s mission, vision, and work across all outreach activities
- Track and report progress on project deliverables
- Organize filing and documentation
- Coordinate internal and board communications
- Support internal process documentation and improvement
- Execute special projects as they come up
WORK SETTING: Office, Remote
CONTACT INFOAmerican Jobs Project
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, journalism, political science, or other relevant concentration
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, good judgment, and can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in outreach and communications, as outlined above
- Tech savvy with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a flexible team environment
- Motivated to learn and passionate about our mission and vision
- Energy policy, regulation, or other relevant industry expertise
- Experience as a Communications Assistant
- Statistical analysis, working with large datasets, or economic analyses
- Administrative coordination for information technology, human resources, and internal communications
- Social media and email marketing campaigns
- Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style
- Website content management platforms
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: September 30, 2017
Qualified applicants must send a resume and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org.