Journalism Jobs & Internships
Communications Assistant, Graphics & Online
KFF, a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism and communication. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a qualified candidate for a Communications Assistant position to work on a broad range of communications activities, but with a focus on generating compelling graphics and digital assets to support KFF’s online activities.
The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in digital graphics creation, web content production and maintenance, and an interest in health policy issues related to KFF’s work. This junior-level position with the communications team requires someone able to handle a diverse set of duties related to publicizing KFF’s work to relevant audiences on a wide array of digital platforms.
The Communications Assistant will work closely with other communications and policy staff in both the San Francisco and the Washington, DC offices. The successful candidate will work in a team environment on all aspects of communications related to the KFF’s work.
This full-time position is based in KFF’s headquarters in San Francisco, California. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes an excellent benefits package.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an assistant to the Digital Strategist and Production staff in the creation of graphics and charts for KFF’s social media platforms and website.
- Work as part of the Production team to upload and create formatted content for kff.org and maintain relevant schedules and processes related to content creation.
- Assist with communications activities related to external events hosted by KFF.
- Help maintain interactive elements of U.S. health policy timeline at headquarters.
- Interact daily with fellow communications colleagues and policy staff to plan for upcoming releases and other newsworthy activities.
WORK SETTING: Office
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Strong visual, organizational, and editorial skills.
- Demonstrated experience within a digital production team.
- Experience creating charts and graphics with Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop). Data visualization skills a plus.
- Experience with web content management systems such as WordPress, and knowledge of basic HTML.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, for a bi-coastal organization.
- Passion for domestic U.S. health policy issues and the workings of state and federal government.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or other relevant field preferred.
HOW TO APPLYDeadline:
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, and references as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Communications Assistant” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
KFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.