Journalism Jobs & Internships
Bay Area Lead Reporter
Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
We are seeking a high energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to join our Editorial team as our Bay Area Lead Reporter. The perfect fit for this position will quickly master the Bisnow Editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
What the role entails:
- Being our all-access pass into continuing to dominate the commercial real estate industry
- Producing newsletters and morning briefs: a dozen articles a week of varying lengths and types
- Working a beat, traveling around the Bay Area covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry
- Infiltrating the CRE industry—turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources
- Having an intimate knowledge of your market’s CRE business—knowing where the major players are located, what deals they are responsible for and what events they attend
- Keeping it fun, snappy and informative
WORK SETTING: Varies
CONTACT INFONicole Caracci
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSThe ideal candidate must have:
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design is a plus, and contacts within those scenes are an even bigger plus
- Great writing skills
- News judgment, dot-connecting and a passion for the web
- Digital experience and has at least two years of experience in business journalism
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful, opinionated and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand on Bisnow.com
HOW TO APPLYDeadline:
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and clips of your work.