Journalism Jobs & Internships
Cannabis Now Magazine seeks an Associate Editor with the vision and expertise to support and participate in the editorial execution of a national progressive bi-monthly print and online political magazine in a new media landscape.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
1. Work with Senior Editor to increase the current daily web content.
2. Commissioning web articles from freelance writers.
3. Tool all editorial submissions to be SEO rich and will track changes in company project management tools.
4. Editing, re-writing, and/or rejecting web articles.
5. Assisting other employees and staff in meeting established web deadlines.
7. Editing daily web content submitted by the Magazine’s contributors.
8. Work with Senior Editor, Digital Director and Publisher to develop a strategic web editorial vision and executing it to completion.
9. Assist Senior Editor in the managing the editorial digital budget.
10. Available to work extended hours to meet deadlines and achieve goals, including weekends upon request.
11. Increase, develop, and curate a strong team of contributors and industry experts.
12. Lead weekly web meeting reviewing assignments and stats.
13. Submit bi monthly google analytics report to Senior Editor and Digital Director.
14. Assist in the management and coordination of all sponsored content as needed.
15. Completing other tasks and duties assigned.
DETAILSSALARY: adjusted for experience
WORK SETTING: Office, Varies
CONTACT INFOEugenio Garcia
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS-Part time or full time availability -Available to work in our Berkeley office m-f
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: May 31, 2018
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org