Journalism Jobs & Internships
Assistant Professor of Communication
The Department of Communication at Eastern New Mexico University invites application for a tenure-track position – Assistant Professor of Communication in Public Relations – to begin in August 2019. Review of materials will begin May 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must have research and teaching experience in social media, research methods, and integrated communication campaigns. The faculty is expected to use a hands-on approach to teach core public relations skills in message planning, content development, client management, and campaign design.
DETAILSSALARY: depends on qualifications
WORK SETTING: Office
CONTACT INFOHuman Resources
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSRequired qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Communication or closely related field by the time of the appointment; ABD may be considered, depending on defense date
- University-level teaching experience
- Demonstrated research agenda in public relations/social media
- Ability to work with the diverse student population
- Research and teaching experience in strategic social media and marketing campaigns
- Record of peer-reviewed publications
- Experience in teaching both online and face-to-face courses
- Demonstrated ability to teach, advise, and mentor students from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds; appropriate record of artistic and/or scholarly activity.
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: August 1, 2019
Date Available: August 2019
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the “Apply” link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
Letter of interest (including teaching and research interests/philosophies)
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218,. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu