Journalism Jobs & Internships
2nd Century News Fellow
Wisconsin Public Radio is accepting applications for the Second Century News Fellowship based in Milwaukee. The successful applicant will be a promising early-career journalist of color or someone from an underrepresented group in the media industry, interested in deepening experience and skills in news radio broadcasting. This is a 12 month FT paid fellowship. Concentrated coaching and feedback on writing, editing, voicing and other aspects of radio news reporting will be provided. Details: https://www.wpr.org/2nd-century-news-fellow. firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
WORK SETTING: Office, Varies
CONTACT INFOErin Cook
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous broadcast news internship or professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to generate news story ideas
- Some experience producing or re-purposing news material for the web
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to operate radio production equipment
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and in broadcast representation.
- Passion for news and news reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of public broadcasting journalistic ethics
HOW TO APPLYDeadline: February 19, 2019
For best consideration, submit all application materials online at our applicant portal https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu by February 19, 2019 at 5pm. This is job # 15204. A completed application will include a comprehensive resume, detailed cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications and why this fellowship meets your career development needs, and a list of four (4) professional references, including email.
In addition, please provide these samples of your work:
- A sound sample of a news report. You may provide a link (preferred) or an mp3 file. If you don’t have samples from previous work, you may create a report specifically for this application.
- Two to three samples of radio news scripts you have prepared. If you don’t have examples from previous work, you may create scripts specifically for this application.
Direct inquiries and online support questions to: Erin Cook, Wisconsin Public Radio, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, 608-263-0477; email@example.com.