News and Politics Writer - Carbonated.TV
Carbonated.TV is a digital media organization aiming to empower “The Voice of the Underdog.” We are currently seeking a diverse set of talented writers to contribute to our rapidly growing team.
The ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate and an ambitious self-starter with a strong passion for news, politics, and social justice. The individual will not only report the news in a concise and informative manner but also provide his or her own progressive spin on trending topics of the day. Candidates must have a knack for attention-grabbing stories and can efficiently write and analyze breaking news. Come join a dynamic start-up culture where you will have the chance to report on what matters and have your opinions heard!
• Pitch and write original and aggregated news content
• Post content in a timely manner to social media platforms in the Carbonated.TV voice
• Able to work quickly and independently
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or related field
• 1-2 years’ experience at a high-volume online publication or news outlet
• Excellent grasp of grammar and AP style and ability to produce clean and compelling copy
• Able to craft killer, traffic-driving headlines
• A social media fanatic with a sharp sense for viral content
• Keen eye for quality photos
• Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly, and Chartbeat is a plus
• Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
How To Apply:
If interested, please send us a brief cover letter, a resume detailing your relevant experience and three writing samples to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: News & Politics Writer- Berkeley Journalism
|$15.-20||Nov. 7, 2017|
Created On: 07/10/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 07/17/2017 - 09:56 a.m.