Executive Editor - Carbonated.tv
Carbonated.TV is a digital media organization that empowers “The Voice of the Underdog.” Our goal is to connect people on a global scale through inspirational, informative and uplifting stories that mainstream media may not necessarily report. We believe that there are underdogs in all walks of life from sports to politics and they are often unheard and unseen, so we made it our mission to be the “Voice of the Underdog."
We are seeking an Executive Editor to help provide editorial direction to our dedicated team of editors and writers. The Executive Editor will be responsible for ensuring that our content is in line with our core mission to engage and interact with our audience 24 hours a day, every day using thought-provoking content from around the world. This individual will also be responsible for expanding our audience footprint across multiple distribution platforms, including digital, mobile, and video.
The ideal candidate for this position will be hands-on and have a passion for news. The individual will make editorial decisions while under pressure and be able to manage and meet tight deadlines. The prospective candidate should also have a knack for creating unique, original stories and identifying attention-grabbing content in a fast-paced media environment.
The individual will lead a team of in-house and remote editors from our San Ramon office.
• Lead daily and long-term editorial operations: Run planning meetings; oversee the assigning and editing processes; craft publishing schedules, editorial calendars, etc.
• Collaborate with editorial team and writers in creating award-winning content for our advertising partners
• Manage resources on-site and remotely
• Play an integral role in strategic and social media planning
• Make sure content and integrated campaigns come in on time and on budget
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, and/or Marketing
• 5+ years of editorial, writing/reporting, and management experience
• Experience in a fast-moving digital media environment
• Proven success in audience growth and enhanced audience engagement — across multiple platforms
• A deep understanding of data and analytics
• An understanding of SEO best practices
• Deep knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Ability to tackle and master complex editorial topics
• Solid research and fact-checking skills
• Ability to work collaboratively, and in an open, friendly manner.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and resourceful; strong interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills are a must
How To Apply:
If interested, please send us a cover letter, a resume detailing your relevant experience and links of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
|San Ramon||California||Based on Experience||Full Time||July 22, 2017|
Created On: 06/21/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 06/28/2017 - 09:30 a.m.