Research Assistant - Sunset magazine (Time Inc.)
Sunset is the ultimate resource for achieving the year-round indoor/outdoor Western lifestyle. Our expert editors discover travel destinations in the 13 Western states and British Columbia, share home design and outdoor living ideas suited to our region, and create fresh, seasonal recipes that celebrate the flavors of the West for our 4.5 million readers.
• Sunset magazine is looking for a Research Assistant to ensure the factual accuracy of articles for our magazine and related publications.
• Candidates must be able to work on-site in our Oakland, California, office.
• This is a temporary full-time position.
Copy Department, Magazine Editorial
• Carefully research, report, and verify facts and details written for articles and other brand copy
• Thoroughly verify map details and art elements
• Interview sources over the phone and correspond via email to verify photos
• Work as a team with Research Chief, copy editor, senior editors, and photo and art departments
• Utilize reference materials and conduct online research
• Work under tight deadlines and frequent time constraints
The Company, in its discretion, reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.
• Research and library skills (college degree or equivalent)
• Standard English vocabulary (reading, writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage)
• Basic Mac skills, including Word, Adobe Photoshop, Outlook, and InCopy
• Basic familiarity with and interest in gardening, cooking, home design, and travel
• Basic understanding of proofreading marks
• Journalism (magazine experience preferred) and strong editorial instinct
• Tactfully and courteously work with people at all levels, in person, over the phone, and in email correspondence
• Plan, organize, and prioritize work (including projects running concurrently)
• Conduct phone interviews to obtain information
• Compare text and discern minute variations
• Work independently and as a member of a team
• Carefully and thoroughly document sources used to verify facts
• Take detailed, legible notes and convey thoughts concisely
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and clips to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Oakland||California||TBD||TBD (typically 6 months to 1 year)||Full Time||July 31, 2017|
Created On: 06/21/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 06/28/2017 - 09:30 a.m.