Data Journalist - Affinity Resource Group
Data Journalist needed, NYC or Santa Clara, CA
Our client, a leading, consumer facing website, is focused on bringing compelling and useful information on all things real estate - trends (market, zoning, environmental), service/lifestyle articles and more. We have made numerous placements with this company over the past year and work directly with the hiring manager.
They have an urgent and immediate need to add a Data Journalist to their growing editorial team. The ideal candidate is someone who can come up with compelling story ideas, is comfortable with data crunching and analysis to extract good stories, and has experience with writing, reporting and infographics (maps, charts, graphs and/or illustrations).
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism or related field. Preference for candidates who have
completed a data journalism or data science program
• 5+ years of relevant experience, with a focus on data-driven reporting.
• A collection of data stories previously published in professional news outlets.
• A talent for turning raw data and wonky analysis into compelling stories for a broad readership
• Working knowledge of real estate and related issues from financing to home improvement
• Hands-on experience with WordPress, HTML, SQL, Python, Java, and a range of data-
visualization tools and technologies
How To Apply:
Please send your resume and examples of your published work to email@example.com
We can then schedule a time to discuss your interests and this position in greater detail.
|New York||NY||80-100K||Full Time||Aug. 17, 2017|
973-866-5800 ext. 102
Created On: 06/19/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 06/20/2017 - 08:51 a.m.