Researcher/Assistant Correspondent - The Mainichi Newspapers
The Mainichi Newspapers Los Angeles Bureau seeks a full time Researcher/Assistant Correspondent. The Mainichi Newspapers is a major daily Japanese newspaper printed in Japan with over 4 million readers. Founded in 1872, It is the oldest national daily newspaper in Japan.
• Coordinating with Japanese news correspondent in gathering news and developing articles.
• General proofreading.
• Researching and gathering news, conducting interviews, developing and maintaining news sources, covering press conferences and other events including taking photos.
• Must be highly motivated in journalism and bring up ideas for news reporting.
• Administrative duties are included.
• Must be native English speaker able to speak and write effectively in English.
• Must have a B.A. minimum. Research experience is crucial.
• Must have a keen interest in and understanding of U.S. current events.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and good instincts.
• Must be detail-oriented and research savvy.
• Ability to analyze news stories to see what is interesting and newsworthy.
• Persistent in achieving goals and objectives under deadlines.
• Must be available to work on weekends and/or irregular hours if needed.
• Japanese-speaking applicants and/or those familiar with Japanese culture and media.
• Rapid typing for taking notes and creating transcripts.
• Knowledge of law/criminal justice.
• Interest or experience in sports.
• Ability to start in early July 2017.
How To Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter (as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Brentwood||CA||Full Time||Aug. 5, 2017|
Created On: 04/07/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 04/07/2017 - 04:02 p.m.