Editor-in-Chief - Diablo Magazine
Diablo magazine, a dynamic, well-established San Francisco Bay Area regional lifestyle magazine, is searching for an editor-in-chief. Diablo has been a staple of the East Bay for more than 35 years, focused on the lifestyle of those living east of the Caldecott tunnel. It is mailed directly to 40,000 households with a mission to entertain, enlighten and educate its audience with every issue.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience as a top-level editor, a nose for great stories, passion for regional lifestyle issues and the ability to package stories in an interesting and intriguing manner.
The candidate must be creative, inquisitive, nimble, hardworking and collaborative. He/she must have the ability to meet deadlines, manage budgets, and lead a team of internal and external editors and writers. A comprehension of digital and social media platforms and how they integrate with print publications is desired.
Diablo Publications, parent company of Diablo magazine, is an employee-owned company.
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style and Diablo magazine editorial style
• Thorough knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word and InCopy
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple editorial projects, organize others, and adhere to deadline schedules.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Motivation to pitch in with all editorial aspects of the magazine.
• Attention to detail and high standards for accuracy.
Degree in English, Journalism, or a related field.
Proven experience as a consumer magazine editor, with story development and line editing experience required.
How To Apply:
Send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com
|2520 Camino Diablo, Walnut Creek||California||permanent||Full Time||July 27, 2017|
Created On: 03/29/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 04/03/2017 - 10:23 a.m.