Reporter, full time - Oakland Post - Pos News Group
The Post seeks a Full-time Reporter to write weekly articles on local news and assist Editor-in-Chief in producing 8 city-based newspapers plus El Mundo. Ideal applicant will be proficient in Spanish language to oversee weekly completion of El Mundo newspaper. Duties will include:
• Writing weekly articles on breaking local news or feature stories;
• Attending and covering City Council meetings, community events, demonstrations, etc.
• Editing press releases and articles written by stringers;
• Finding content for city-based newspapers and El Mundo;
• Taking compelling photographs for each article written
Candidates must share the Post’s commitment to social justice and local government transparency.
Additional qualifications include:
• Demonstrated excellent written skills and the ability to communicate complicated ideas to a
broad range of readership;
• Experience writing at a newspaper or other media group;
• Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred but not required;
• Excellent word-processing and computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word;
• Flexible work schedule to include covering newsworthy events and meeting weekly deadlines;
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and under hard deadlines;
• A demonstrated ability to take high-quality photos;
• Past or present involvement in community activities, volunteering, organizing or activism preferred but not required.
How To Apply:
Applicants should apply as soon as possible. To apply, send a cover letter, résumé and two professional references, along with three writing clips, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Post Reporter Position.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
|Oakland, downtown||California||Depends on experience||Ongoing||Full Time||April 15, 2017|
Created On: 03/19/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 03/19/2017 - 06:42 p.m.