San Francisco City Hall Reporter - The San Francisco Chronicle
The San Francisco Chronicle has an opening for a San Francisco City Hall reporter. We’re looking for someone who knows how to plug into people with power, to cover one of the most interesting and competitive government beats in California. We need a reporter who can analyze, spot trends, turn an incisive personality profile, write with precision, speed and style, and, above all, score scoops. We want an experienced journalist who has demonstrated domination of a political or government beat. We’re looking for someone who knows how to set the journalistic agenda and never forgets that the constituents who we need to satisfy aren’t the officeholders and bureaucrats, but the people of San Francisco and the readers of The Chronicle. The successful candidate will understand the reach and power of social media and demonstrates a history of enhancing stories through video and savvy utilization of platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
• Lead The Chronicle’s coverage of San Francisco’s mayor and Board of Supervisors.
• Break daily news for the Gate and SFChronicle.com and advance/repurpose for SFChronicle.com and print.
• Produce at least two Sunday-worthy enterprise stories or analyses per month.
• Contribute to a robust social media presence for City Hall coverage.
About SF Chronicle:
The Chronicle is world-class journalism, San Francisco style. With name-brand voices and a keen editorial eye, The Chronicle is an authority that still surprises. It’s not afraid of being controversial or of doing things that haven’t been done. It’s bolder, brighter, fearless. It’s news that is delivered to the discerning reader through multiple platforms.
SFGate provides a 360-degree view of the Bay Area. Provocative, energetic and unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that gauges the temperature of the Bay Area's moods, trends and interests — and shares them with the world.
• BA in journalism or related field
• 5 years of experience at a Metro daily or comparable online news site.
• Demonstrated experience at covering city government, politics or related fields.
How To Apply:
To apply, go to http://grnh.se/4j2las1
|San Francisco||CA||Full Time||March 20, 2017|
Created On: 02/21/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 03/10/2017 - 09:29 a.m.