Interactive Producer, Engagement - Capital Public Radio
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
Capital Public Radio is seeking an Interactive Producer, Engagement, who will enhance CapRadio’s presence and increase engagement across delivery platforms. The ideal IP, Engagement will have a solid journalism background, sharp writing skills and the ability to be CapRadio’s voice across all platforms. We’re looking for someone who’s not just interested in getting clicks, but someone who will increase our reach and strengthen our relationship with our audience in rich and meaningful ways. (Bonus if you adhere to and can recite by memory, NPR’s guidelines for stories that cause engagement.)
This is an extraordinary opportunity to work with a creative team in one of the most fascinating and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an organization, we believe that audience comes first and that anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation while building an epic workplace. Together, we bring our passion and have fun.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Maintains CapRadio’s social media platforms.
• Monitors social media for breaking news, as part of the newsroom operation, and communicates developing information to the rest of the newsroom.
• Proactively interacts with the CapRadio audience through consistent, strategic online engagement
• Assists in updating developing news copy on all platforms, with a special focus on CapRadio’s social media pages. Assist with pulling available information from sources such as fire/police incident reports, AP content, reporter/editor input etc.
• Executes CapRadio’s social media strategy by conceptualizing and producing social media assets such as videos, graphics, gifs, maps, polls and other interactive tools to increase shareability.
• Leverages community engagement efforts such as live events.
• Serve as a backup web producer in reviewing and copy editing reporters' online news stories, in coordination with editors.
• Compiles and analyzes social media analytics. Creates reports on reach in an effort to inform strategies for audience and engagement growth.
Capital Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum three years full-time professional experience in media or publishing environment. Skilled in utilizing Adobe Creative Suite software (including Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition and Premiere (or similar programs). Solid news judgment and demonstrated journalism experience and ability to generate engaging content. Experience in managing a brand’s social media presence.
How To Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and reference list, audio or print reporting and editing samples and compensation requirements to:
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
|Sacramento||CA||Full Time||March 30, 2017|
Created On: 02/02/2017 - 12:00 a.m.
Modified On: 02/10/2017 - 09:21 a.m.