March 20, 2003
Revolution is not an AOL Keyword*

You will not be able to stay home, dear Netizen.
You will not be able to plug in, log on and opt out.
You will not be able to lose yourself in Final Fantasy,
Or hold your Kazaa download queues,
Because revolution is not an AOL Keyword.

Revolution is not an AOL Keyword.
Revolution will not be brought to you on Hi-Def TV
Encrypted with a warning from the FBI.
Revolution will not have a jpeg slideshow of Dubya
Calling the cattle and leading the incursion by
Secretary Rumsfeld, General Ashcroft and Dick Cheney
Riding nuclear warheads on their way to Iraq,
Or North Korea, or Iran.

Revolution is not an AOL Keyword.
Revolution will not be powered by Microsoft on
The Next-Generation Secure Computing Base
And will not star Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee
Or Larry Lessig and Martha Stewart.

Revolution will not promise penile enlargement.
Revolution will not get rid of spam.
Revolution will not earn you up to $5000 a month
Working from home
, because revolution is not
An AOL Keyword, Brother.

There will be no screen grabs of you and
Jeeves the Butler one-click shopping at My Yahoo,
Or outbidding a shady grandma on eBay for
That refurbished iPod 20-gig.
MSNBC.com will not predict election results in Florida
Or fact-check the Drudge Report.
Revolution is not an AOL Keyword.

There will be no webcast of Wil Wheaton boxing
Barney the Dinosaur on the dancefloor at DNA.
There will be no mob- or wiki- blog of Richard Stallman
Strolling through Redmond in a medieval robe and halo
As St. iGNUcious of the Church of Emacs
That he has been saving
For just the proper occasion.

Survivor, The Osbournes, and Joe Millionaire
Will no longer be so damned relevant, and
People will not care if Carrie hooks up again with
Mr. Big on Sex and the City because Information
Wants To Be Free
even while Knowledge Is Power.
Revolution is not an AOL Keyword.

There will be no final pictures from inside the
World Trade Center in the instant replay.
There will be no final pictures from inside the
World Trade Center in the instant replay.

There will be no RealVideo of 2600-reading,
Linux-booting white hat hacktivists
And Mickey Mouse in the public domain.
The theme song will not be written by Jack Valenti or
Hilary Rosen, nor sung by Metallica, Dr. Dre,
Christina Aguilera, Matchbox 20, or Blink-182.
Revolution is not an AOL Keyword.

Revolution will not be right back after
Pop-up ads about eCommerce, eTailers, or eContent.
You will not have to worry about a
Cookie in your browser, a bug in your email, or a
Worm in your recycling bin.
Revolution will not run faster with Intel inside.
Revolution, dude, is not getting a Dell.
Revolution will increase your Google rank.

Revolution is not an AOL Keyword, is not an AOL Keyword,
Is not an AOL Keyword, is not an AOL Keyword.
Revolution will be no stream or download, dear Netizen;
Revolution must still be live.

*See generally Gil Scott-Heron, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

Posted by Eddan Katz at March 20, 2003 05:45 AM
Comments

I'm 51 years old.

I remember the first time I heard The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (on WBRU FM 95.5 the Brown University radio station in Providence RI, and at the timem the only station in RI that was worth listening to) and was just stunned by the power of his voice and the power of his poetry and imagry.

"Revolution is not an AOL Keyword" is a damn good homage to the original and a damn fine piece of poetry in it's own right.

Thanks for words!

Posted by: chris tucker on March 20, 2003 06:44 PM

thanks for posting that! (i read it out loud, in my best gil scott-heron voice.) great stuff.

Posted by: lisa on March 20, 2003 11:31 PM

Wow, that's all I can say.

Posted by: Joe on March 21, 2003 05:21 AM

great poem/words, thank you.

greeting from good old Europe 2 U all,
max

Posted by: max on March 21, 2003 10:34 AM

Exceedingly clever - but now I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn you in for copyright violation. Expect a massive FBI raid shortly.

Posted by: Eric Spiegelman on March 21, 2003 11:46 AM

Once upon a time the catchphrase was: ``The revolution's FAQ will not be archived at rtfm.mit.edu''

Posted by: Anton Sherwood on March 21, 2003 02:20 PM

Revolution is not an AOL Keyword* relives and beautifully recalls to life the original song. I just can't imagine the pain that went into coding those abhorrent hyperlinks.

Posted by: Thomas Seidman on March 23, 2003 10:49 PM

I gotta print this out. Very cool. Brings back lots of memories. Thanks for the work you did on it.

Posted by: bakari on March 27, 2003 09:24 AM

Cool. Very cool.

But bakari: you can't print it out - you'll lose the hyperlinks!

Posted by: cleomedes on April 3, 2003 07:33 AM

Many thanks and congrats for your inspiration.
It is such an interesting read!

Posted by: katerina on April 10, 2003 10:11 AM

I am a recovering Linux/Windoze dual-booter...
but I haven't been able to kick my information addiction.
This is a good time to be a member of the human race...
information abounds.
I pledge to work to keep it that way.
(Considering the recent CDT report, we might want to get some email obfuscation going on bIPlog.)

Posted by: Joseph on April 11, 2003 02:40 PM

I found the material in this site very refreshing. I wondered if there people like me who are so engulfed in the media culture that it brings them the synaptic waves of poetic metaphor simmilar to prose I myself render following a long day within this cement test tube we call the urban experiance. (I just wanted to fit in the body of why I wrote.) I have a strong addiction to responding our social condition. I sometimes wish I had remained with the rabble(IGNORANT) living the Canadian dream. Waking up is really waking for sleep comes only after we contimplate the days events in timeless silence. Keep writing your stuff you are the media culture as it should be.

Posted by: Jamie Cliff on April 18, 2003 03:34 AM

Hey, that was really cool.

. . . and I'm not just saying that because I'm in it. ;)

Posted by: wil on April 20, 2003 08:59 PM

Interesting post, keep up the great work!

Posted by: Calculator Blaine on April 20, 2003 09:16 PM

Creative writing, but I still believe the revolution Gil Scott-Heron had in mind in 1974 was a bit more serious and important than blogs.

Rob

Posted by: Rob on April 20, 2003 09:38 PM

This is a hack that luckily cannot diminish the original piece: typical of our sampler-friendly culture. When the revolution comes it will not be webcast, instant messaged or writ on the pages of obscure websites. Maybe Mad magazine is still looking for writers

Posted by: NoOne on April 20, 2003 10:20 PM

The one line that disappoints me is the one that says the Revolution WILL increase your Google rank. I don't think any real kind of revolution involves Google. I think it would be more powerful with the original "The revolution will put you in the driver's seat." line left intact. But who cares what I think.

Posted by: no_one_of_importance on April 20, 2003 10:44 PM

(picture thumb and forefinger)

*snap* *snap* *snap* ....

Posted by: Anon on April 20, 2003 10:58 PM

Most impressive. An engaging read... :)

-Jon

Posted by: Jon on April 20, 2003 11:23 PM

Bah.

Revolution has already been televised. Revolution has been *merchandised*. Revolution is a commodity, a packaged lifestyle, available at your local mall. $19.95 gets you the black mask, the spray can, the "Crush the Fascists" protest sign, and access to your blog where you can write about the police brutality you suffered when you chained yourself to a fire hydrant.

Capitalism has learned how to sell anti-capitalism.

Posted by: Lizard on April 20, 2003 11:31 PM

I'll be reading this at open mic night at The LoveUgly Cabaret in Rochester, MN tonight. The owner there has several times read the original work over funk groove from the house band (of which I am a member). I definitely see this as an essential update - not a "security patch" or "critical system update" but, in the style of Unreal Tournament, a free large bonus pack that greatly enhances the original work. And it's an especially appropriate venue, seeing as it's a sort of counterculture (if there is still such a thing) and arts hangout. If this were read to the general public or even at the college here, it would be treated with a lot of blank stares and whispers of "damn geeks...", probably much the same as I imagine the original was received, replacing geeks with artists or whatever your favorite group.

Ok it's late and I'm making no sense whatsoever...just wish me luck tomorrow night that it's well received!

Posted by: Mike on April 21, 2003 02:02 AM

Greetings, slashdotters! It's good to see that some people actually read the article before commenting it. Now I'm going to read this poem...

Posted by: Niklas on April 21, 2003 02:09 AM

great work!

just as an aside, the revolution was televised... anyone seen this yet?

Posted by: nandy on April 21, 2003 02:49 AM

Of course, the REAL insiders know that The Revolution WILL be AOL: http://www.artofliving.org

*grin*

Have a beautiful life out under the free sky!

Posted by: Frank on April 21, 2003 05:50 AM

Lizard what you wrote kicked ass, very good. I think it speaks of the bigger truth. Mike maybe you should read that at open mic night.

Posted by: Philip Clifford on April 21, 2003 07:39 AM

all i can say is that Linux will indeed be at this forefront of revolution. revolution of the evolution of software.

Posted by: Maniac on April 21, 2003 07:40 AM

It is a good piece of writing.

Yet, when I read it I see its broader audience in my mind's eye: an endless column of what I like to think of as my fellow humans, marching in lockstep into the fog, their eyes reflecting their CRTs as twenty years ago they marched behind reflections of their television screens.

Sometimes good writing saddens as it inspires.

Posted by: RLW on April 21, 2003 07:47 AM

I haven't even read it all yet but I had to say Thanks whilst I was here :-) And I don't even normally post comments!!!

Posted by: Zak on April 21, 2003 08:15 AM

go wil.
that r0x0rs d00d.
*points to fark*
Hey Wil - go vote for Grandma Bertha...
She deserves it, trust me... :/

Posted by: m0ppy on April 21, 2003 08:22 AM

A not-so-famous quote: "History is much like an endless waltz, the three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever." - Mariemaia Khushrenada, Endless Waltz.

Posted by: Rinisari Jazyx on April 21, 2003 08:25 AM

Wow!

Fantastic poem. Thumbs up!
Greetings from good old europe

derfritz

Posted by: Fritz on April 21, 2003 08:29 AM

plagiarizing with a smile...

Posted by: luther on April 21, 2003 10:03 AM

Yes, yes, first we eliminate linux, then we eliminate apple, then the real revolution can begin. The revolution will not be an AOL keyword, it will begin with Microsoft attacking Poland and annexing the sudatenland. All heil the 4th reich!

Posted by: Bill Gates on April 21, 2003 03:22 PM

I guess it is like the Truman show, now I can get out of the bath and go and do something, instead of watching, clicking my life away ;)

Great poem and good that someone doesn't mind saying this.

John

Posted by: John from Oz on April 21, 2003 05:54 PM

Wil,
That poem is good in any decade. I guess it was due to be sampled.

FG

Posted by: Fabian on April 21, 2003 06:04 PM

The Revolution will be sold to dissafected upper-middle class white kids feeling guilty for their affluence at $32,000 a year.

Guys there's a reason that Dubya won the last election, and more frighteningly WILL probably win the next one, it's called the radical left and you guys have been screwing it up for all of us good moderates for some time now.

There is no revolution, there never was one, and by calling for one you only make it easier for the damn republicans to marginalize the only hope we have, which is unfortunately the Democrats (we all know that the Greens aren't ever going to be a viable opposition because the US system doesn't support minority Gov's or Coalitions, it's a winner-take all system).

So bitch and moan about the new freedom of Iraqi children, and just remember that you put that SOB in the white house...

But other that that I liked the links, good stuff.

Posted by: Castor on April 21, 2003 10:45 PM

Hmm, I guess we arendt made for revolution but for evolution. Nive text though. CC.

Posted by: quux on April 22, 2003 04:01 AM

telnet to dcastle.org 6666

there the revolution is currently underway

Posted by: AngelOfDeath on April 22, 2003 09:31 AM

proud to be at the same institutional learning facility, Rosen.

Very nice work. I think the echoes are going to stick with me today.

Posted by: gabyraymond on April 22, 2003 04:54 PM

Yeah! Great match of rhythms / themes between this and the original.

Please do another one now with "What's the Word? Johannesburg!"

Posted by: Jay Fienberg on April 22, 2003 06:27 PM

you obviously do not yahoo.

Posted by: malek on April 22, 2003 09:20 PM

the net may be the AK of the revolution, but it will not be the manifesto or Odessa. just remember comrades, the revolution will happen in the three dimensional setting. let's make sure we spend the bulk of our time living out there kicking against the machine. none the less, the AK has been an incredibly important tool. so lets make sure we keep our weapons well oiled.

let's remember Gil Scott-Heron and pray he rises above.

Posted by: cormac on April 23, 2003 05:38 PM

it will be,has been and is coming to a...ths summer.

Posted by: white lightnin' on April 23, 2003 08:28 PM

Hmmm, a bigger truth ... whatever. This was obviously co-opted by someone white. The real "terrorist threat" that remains in America is de facto racism and white privilege. Obviously, if "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" must be white-washed to be modernized ...

Posted by: Donald on April 24, 2003 04:39 AM

I would like to thank the original creator of the abovementioned poem for remembering the roots of these words - "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised."

I would also like to thank all of you who remember who Gil Scott-Heron is and his impact on our society.

The ultimate goal of my web site is to ensure that he will always be remembered.

Peace,
Malcolm

Posted by: Malcolm on April 24, 2003 07:07 PM

The revolution will be blogged?

Posted by: Phil on April 25, 2003 07:35 AM

So ... what are you trying to say?

Posted by: sinking in on April 25, 2003 10:39 AM

To Chris Tucker. I am originally from RI and 50 yrs old. I started listening to WBRU in 69. Those were the days of 30 minutes of fantastic music with one commercial break in between, usually advertising a head shop or clothing store. For some reason "The Incredible Organ" comes to mind..

Posted by: Bill on April 25, 2003 11:07 AM

Remembering what Gil Scott had to say, your work was a cute adaptation, but you forget that when you have a REAL revolution, things get messy ... and then you have to clean up after.

Posted by: mechaman on April 25, 2003 05:38 PM

When? Where? Why?
Revolution...
Please.
Not while we still eat Twinkies, drink Coke, or smoke "anything"... Sitting on the collective a$$
is the only Revolution (the world keeps on spinning) that is going to happen... period.

Other than that... cool, man, cool...

Posted by: Eddy on April 25, 2003 06:00 PM

we had the only revolution we need, the fruits are the Constitution of the United States of America, and if we could find most of our public elected officials who were dedicated in upholding their duty to govern within the boundries of that document, we would find a more satisfied populace and peaceful planet. Our problem is our teachers have no idea what it is, nor do the elected officials seem to care. The minority my friends are the tax payers, and every year the Democrats and to some extent Republicans buy votes by robbing from wage earners, and giving it to the ever growing number of people who pay nothing!
Most Americans are too stupid to see what is going on, and how their rights are being taken from them, one by one. Clinton said maybe we are too free, well let me tell you something, if the majority of the Democratic Socialist Party have anything to do with it, you will march when told, and obey! No rights left, cause these idots believe your rights are given to you by the government...Idiots! Rights transcend the government. and what about nearly every elected official announcing their idiocy to the world when they say this country is a democracy. Most people haven't thought to much about democracy, the purest form of democracy is a lynch mob! There is the ideal, that's what these idiots are saying, the word republic seems to never come to their lips, that's because a government by law is offensive to these idiots. Contempt for the supreme law of the land, that is where many of our elected officials heads is at, as well as many government officials. No we don't need a revolution, we just need to get a little educated in how our "founding fathers" of the United States of America saw this country working, then get this country back on track.

Posted by: Bill on April 25, 2003 10:20 PM

threecheers for dubya before jeeze comes back the devils henchmen have to be here have fun ronnie dick duya sr. dubya jr slick dik and your 7billion sweetheart deal 4 your part enjoy the short time you have left cause hell is getting hotter every dayand all you other latchkey hoods keep watchin the fox cause the day is near when all will cheer for hell is gettin hotter and the day is near if not for the evil of our leaders the good in people would hardly ever be noticed thank these bastions of evil for there cruel deeds so your own good deeds will be easier now all of you no the day is neer and when it gets here you will cheer for all evil men will still be hear george and his cronies will still have there funds but oh so what will it get them when the day is no longer here

Posted by: gary on April 26, 2003 09:06 PM

PEACE

GOD bless you all !!!!!!!

Posted by: Mary on April 26, 2003 11:37 PM

A virus just jacked my sister's Dell
And Whitey's on the Moon...

...and revolution is the only way. Everything else is acession to the corrupt and dying system. Apologists and Democrats and moderates... I'll see you in the camps, but I'll be smiling and sharing my gruel. Come tell me a joke and we'll have a laugh before our 'shower'.

See you there, brothers and sisters.

Posted by: Foster Kane on April 29, 2003 12:17 PM

what a leftist view what ass rape of America

Posted by: mike on April 29, 2003 09:32 PM

Give not the fools a leash, for they will break it. Give them not a harsh hand, for they will bite it. Use not a gun and a knife, for others will tear you down.

Rather, be "on their side." Give them the right to agree with you, and the entertainment to show them that you are right, or at least fun. Give them "what they want," only after riling them up and telling them what that is.

Give them a free, unregulated medium, then tell them how "best" it should be used, what "should" be on it, and how you are giving them what they want and need, so long as they grease your pockets and agree with your crusade.

Posted by: Me on April 30, 2003 10:25 AM

I've been around for a little while, Have Gil Scott
plugged into the CD player right now.

Very nice job of revisiting this wonderful poem,
so full of hope.

Thanks kindly for this.

Posted by: Cubic Dog on May 5, 2003 04:56 AM

Nice rhythm! You can almost hear the drums of revolution! Okay we now know what it isn't! Shows us the problem with some modern poetry! Defines what isnt not what is!

Posted by: Roger on May 5, 2003 07:34 AM

This post now available as a t-shirt. Thank you, public domain license! :-)

Posted by: rusty on May 27, 2003 10:16 AM

Beautiful! It succeeds, just as the revolution did before and must again. And thank you for the Creative Commons license on it, so the words can be as free as they need to be to be heard.

Posted by: TheGAA.org on May 31, 2003 08:42 AM

*screams and runs around in circles. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?! AHHHHH*

very insitefull.

Posted by: felix on June 17, 2003 02:32 PM

No self respecting netizen worth his bandwidth gives 'AOHell' the time of day. P{
There is no revolution here on the internet..just an UNSTOPPABLE, below the 'radar' renaissance. Civilisation advances by the dissemination of information. The internet is the only tool, ever, to enable instantaneous dissemination of information globally..Freedom of Information it is more than just an act...The internet,not occupying physical space is NOT subject to physical force..Here big BRAINS win over big GUNS.
All Volunteers!

In Praise of Good Pirates and Hackers
by Wendy Jan,2000.

The Millennium is here, Pirates all take your bow
At the dawn of this great information age now.
Information will never be some ?holy cow?
So thank you, good hackers, for keeping it free
And for sharing so much this knowledge with me.
Without you, we could drown in confusion you see
I don?t buy propaganda, but sometimes the truth
Is evasive elusive and very uncouth:
Sometimes it?s ugly and even quite hideous
But preferred to deceit and deception perfidious
So Pirates and Hackers in the prime of your life
Keep up the good work, in yourselves have belief
And do not succumb to despondence or grief

Yes lies are far worse, for they are the curse
That keep us enslaved, we could go to our grave
Riding high on the wave and have ignorance engraved
In our minds but you saved us, the pure truth you gave us.
You lay truth out to dry, to my utter delight,
In the honest revealing rays of the sunlight
To enable the less skilled, to see just what?s right
And what?s wrong, it?s not you, I know you are good
It?s the ?powers that be? who don?t want understood
The extent of corruption their lives do infect
And the death dealing lies to each other inject
They?re so scared of the truth getting out, they ingest
Their deception, brain damaged, at their own behest

Let them claw at each other, to their self-destruction
And you keep on hacking, for our good instruction.
The truth purifies all it touches, it rates,
It belongs beside honor we have integration
Of truth in our lives (and it is not at stake).
So thank you good men you are my inspiration.
You keep at bay, fear, terror and desperation.
Your presence here floods my mind with elation.

So my praise for you, excellent hackers is great,
And all you Good Pirates guarding freedoms gate.
Brilliant and gifted men, well may I laud,
Your ?mind boggling? labors I truly applaud.
I?m aware of your many accomplishments too,
So this poem I am dedicating to you.
You have earned it, I?ll write it, and tell it, and show it,
And try to keep up with you too, so you?ll know it
You transcend! I?ll compose and expose and tell all,
To all who will listen, my voice will be heard.
I?ll try to keep up, stay ahead of the herd

I am proud of each of you; I do hear the call
Of this new generation and its expectation,
And I love you too, for each age brings good men
Who will fight for the right of the truth, yes and then
Will expose the disgusting debacle so sickening
Of ?little tin gods? and their laws so prohibiting
The rights of the free who would justly expose
All the lies, greed and cruelty in authorities? clothes
We need information, they DENY us ACCESS
Knowledge is power; but I will not digress.
We need you good hackers, now more than ever.
You will win in the end because you?re so clever.
Good is stronger than evil it has the distinction
Of fighting for life, over evils extinction.

P.S.
At the end of this poem I praise Kevin Mitnick
The Bastards have certainly made his life no picnic
I?ve Marked off that Markov I?ll not forget his name
He must live with his lies to his eternal? shame?
You are not alone Kevin; we are with you in spirit
So shalom, mazel tov, l?chaim & stay with it!

Posted by: Wendy on June 25, 2003 10:30 AM

...We will commoditize your discontent and sell it back to you on DVD...

Posted by: john on July 20, 2003 04:03 PM

Amazing poetry for the counter culture. We all long for the revolution..... peace

Posted by: Bongs on August 3, 2003 02:57 PM

ABSOLUTELY RIVETING. I AM LEFT BREAHTLESS EVERY TIME I READ IT.

Posted by: PAMELA on September 1, 2003 03:56 PM

Hi ive just tried to sign up for your free 45day trial, i filled all of the forms in but i wouldnt let me connect to AOL internet, can you help me on this??

Posted by: lee on October 2, 2003 11:10 AM

Great Site Folks!

Posted by: Alex Dolbayov on October 12, 2003 05:23 AM

Just let it kind of ruminate and congeal... WAY too much information for one to even assimilate w/ any one view. Is there every an intellectual "wrong" or "right" ? If so, someone please clue me in to the absolute truths. I'm still trying to prioritize the issues as they fly at us. The simple fact that we can post our ideas and do our "griping" and fight for our causes is really the only thing that embodies the freedom of our society anymore. I suppose that's enough to appease the general public. General Public? I am not writing this to make a supreme statement that will leave people in awe or disbelief of shocked adulation. I am simply thinking out loud.
I am just happy to see that people are THINKING about stuff, and responding to it, instead of just passing it by; at least that's a good sign.
I will say one thing... Lizard's excerpt above did actually give me this really odd goosebump/mind meld reaction. Read it, it's a bit cynical, I suppose, but it's certainly worth the time and thought.

"long days and happy nights" to all!

Posted by: Contemplate a while on October 24, 2003 11:54 AM

ESTO DEMUESTRA LO QUE EN VERDAD SE VIVIO EN VENEZUELA EN ESOS DIAS Y NO LO QUE SE QUISO HACER VER EN EL MUNDO SOY VENEZOLANA Y SVIVO EN MI PAISY LO QUE QUIERO DECIRLE AL MUNDO ES QUE LO QUE MS LAMENTA LA GENTE DE LA POSICION ES QUE SE LES ACABO LA TETA QUE POR 40 Y TANTOS AяS QUE SE BURLARON DEL PUEBLO DE LOS PATA EN EL SUELO COMO NOS DICEN SE ESTAN DANDO CUENTA QUE EL QUE EN VERDAD MANDA ES EL POBRE PORQUE SIN ELLOS NO HAY VIDA Y QUE AHORA CON TANTOS PLANES DE ALFABETIZACION TODOS SEREMOS IGUALES DE VERDAD VERDAD Y AL PRESIDENTE DE LOS EE.UU QUE DEJE LA LADILLA DE METERSE EN DONDE NO LE IMPORTA Y QUE ARREGLE SU PEO QUE ORIGINO EN AFGANISTAN E IRAK Y QUE DEJE LA ENVIDIA PORQUE NUNCA EN SU PAIS SERA TAN AMADO COMO LOS VENEZOLANOS AMAN A CHAVEZ.Y ADEMAS PORQ HALLA UNA RELACION MUY ESTRCHA ENTRE VENEZUELA Y CUBA NO ES HECHO DE QUE SEA LLAMADO COMUNISTA. LO DE QUE EN VZLA NO HAY LIBERTAD DE EXPRESION ES MENTIRA AHORA MAS QUE NUNK VEO LIBERTAD PORQ EN LOS GOBIERNOS PASADOS SI NO HABLABAS BIEN DEL GOBIERNO TE PONIAN PRESO Y SI TENIAS PLANTA TELEVISIVA TE LA CERRABAN,LOS HECHOS ACAESIDOS EN GLOBOVISION (PLANTA TELEVISORA QUE SE ENCARGA DE HECHAR VAINA LAS 24 HORAS AL DIA AL GOBIERNO)SON MUESTRA DE QUE LAS LEYES SE DEBEN RESPETAR PORQ POR MUCHOS AяS(PLANTA NUEVA APARECIO DE LA NOCHE A LA MAсNA)TODOS HACIAN LO QUE LES DABA LA GANA Y NO HABIA DEMOCRACIA SINO AMIGOCRACIA Y LIBERTINAJE. NO SOY CHAVISTA AUNQUE ESTAS PALABRAS QUIZAS DIGAN LO CONTRARIO PERO ESTOY ARRECHA DE TANTA PORQUERIA QUE HABLAN DE MI PAIS SIN SABER LO QUE DICEN NO LE PAREN A LO QUE DICE CNN TELEMUNDO O UNIVISION PORQ MAYORMENT SE RIGEN POR GLOBOVISION, VENEVISION, RCTV, CMT,TELEVEN ETC.

Posted by: MARIELA SOLIS on November 15, 2003 07:10 PM

I read this many times to myself out loud and even at work (well just for show) but everytime I read this I chills up my spine I remember that I need to get out there and live life. I may even read this one on open mike night at school. We will see if I do. But man Eddan Katz you are right on with what you have to say.

Posted by: James Rouzier on December 8, 2003 01:12 PM

You can now get this poem as a shirt... long live Eddan!

Posted by: joe on December 13, 2003 10:19 AM

I like your website.

Posted by: south beach diet on January 22, 2004 05:26 PM

This is really great but to the fellow who thought Internet was free and information was available to everyone, I have two points:

A- Global Internet Access:
The Global Internet Trends survey also found that the number of people worldwide with access to the Internet via a home PC increased from 553 million in Q2 2002 to 563 million in Q3 2002 (see Table 3). The US continues to have the largest Internet population, with 30 percent of the global audience attributed to that one market. Europe accounts for 23 percent of the world's Internet population, followed by Asia and the Pacific with 13 percent, Latin America with two percent and markets not measured by Nielsen//NetRatings with the remaining 32 percent.

B-try living in a country like Iran and see how well the Ayatollahs are controlling the information through the Internet by putting blocks on websites.

Posted by: ali on February 5, 2004 05:33 PM

The nice part is the blog spam.

"Revolution will increase your Google rank." indeed.

Posted by: Eugen Leitl on February 6, 2004 07:53 AM