Hi there. I am a SF Bay Area native and multimedia journalist. Before J-School I worked at print newspapers and an alternative newsweekly up in Chico, CA, where I got degrees in news editorial journalism and public relations.
At the J-School, I'm focusing on multimedia and magazine, specifically editing and print journalism's transition to the Web. I'm the managing editor of Brink, the J-School's annual magazine, as well as it's project manager and the Associate Director of the Felker Magazine Center.
In addition to managing Brink, I volunteer for the A2A Alliance, a nonprofit comprised of journalists who help to publicize stories about individuals who turn their adversity into advocacy. I manage their website and social networking profiles, and I also do little design projects on the side.
Job-wise, I'm interested in anything that involves reporting, editing, writing, communications, Web stuff, video, audio/radio or programming.
Visit my website! www.staceykennelly.com
- California State University, Chico
- August 2005 - May 2009
- Completed news-editorial and public relations options in Journalism major; Minored in Women's Studies
- Managing editor
- Brink - Berkeley CA ( July 2012 - )
- Managing editor for Brink, an annual J-School publication that showcases the best student work. I'm also the project manager and the Graduate Student Researcher/Associate Director for the Felker Magazine Center, which publishes Brink.
- Santoki Productions - San Francisco CA ( May 2012 - July 2012 )
- Research and other miscellaneous duties for Santoki Productions, a small company that produces documentary hours on human trafficking for MSNBC and others. I still join them on stings from time to time.
- Editorial assistant
- Greater Good - Berkeley CA ( May 2012 - July 2012 )
- Writer for Greater Good, an online psychology magazine that writes about positive psychology research and its implications in everyday life. Three articles I wrote appeared on the site's Top 10 most-read list for 2012.
- Associate director
- Felker Magazine Center - Berkeley CA ( January 2012 - )
- Providing assistance Deirdre English, director.
- Health reporter
- Richmond Confidential - Richmond CA ( August 2011 - December 2011 )
- Text and video health reporting for Richmond Confidential, a news website run out of the J-School. Most notably, I published an in-depth on Richmond's changing attitudes toward prostitutes and human trafficking victims.
- Writer, calendar editor
- News & Review - Chico CA ( August 2009 - August 2011 )
- Compiled and organized weekly arts, music and entertainment calendars. Wrote regularly for Newslines, Greenways, Healthlines, Chow and special sections. Compiled and wrote weekly environmental and health briefs for two sections.
- Weekend reporter, news clerk
- Chico Enterprise-Record - Chico CA ( May 2008 - August 2009 )
- Weekend reporting and newsroom duties.
- Assistant news editor, writer
- The Orion - Chico CA ( August 2006 - May 2007 )
- Assisted in managing a staff of seven, conducting meetings and editing weekly stories at Chico State's award-winning school newspaper. Also acted as a head-writer with an emphasis on Associated Students elections and a hazing trial.
Reporting, writing, editing, photography, video, audio, media relations, web skills