Digital First Media is looking for an energetic video producer committed to reinventing visual storytelling. The video producer will join DFM’s Project Thunderdome and produce content for our national, world, sports and feature channels. The applicant will be eager to pitch story ideas and collaborate with the video, curation and data editor to produce engaging multimedia packages. The ideal candidate is a bold visionary who enjoys experimenting with new ways to tell stories with video, social, mobile and digital media. The position is in New York City, and may involve evening and/or weekend work.
Project Thunderdome is a fast-growing initiative within Digital First Media. We are a young venture, so opportunities are abundant.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must have at least three years of online video production experience, preferably at a newspaper or a production company
- Ability to shoot with a DSLR, HD video camera, mobile phone, and edit with Final Cut Pro and/or mobile editing apps
- Experience covering national stories ranging from news, entertainment, features, or sports
- Consistent news judgment for a national audience and an interest in emerging video technology
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure, professional environment
- A desire to take risks and willingness to adapt
- A positive, collaborative attitude and a strong sense of humor
- Experience with innovative forms of multimedia storytelling, motion-graphics, studio production, live-streaming, a plus
How To Apply:
Email your resume, a brief cover letter describing why you'd like to join Project Thunderdome, and three to five video clips to firstname.lastname@example.org
|New York City||NY||Full Time||None|
- Created On: 10/12/2012 - 12:27 p.m.
- Modified On: 10/12/2012 - 02:39 p.m.