Category: Newspapers-Wire Services
Naples Daily NewsCategory: Newspapers-Wire Services
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Naples Daily News, an EW Scripps newspaper located in SW Florida, seeks a creative news page designer with a flair for graphics and experience with Illustrator and Photoshop.
The Daily News has been a consistent winner over the years for Best Use of Photography in the Best of Photojournalism contest sponsored by the National Press Photographers Association, and in iPOY, Pictures of the Year International. The newspaper puts a premium on design and pages that are visually-driven, and content packaged with elegance and impact.
News page designer/copy editor primary functions:
Produce pages for the Naples Daily News newspaper and three affilitated community publications, including design, presentation, copy editing, captions and headline writing.
• Possess a clear sense of mission, a written-word savvy and design/presentation style that increases the integrity of all news products that come through the center.
• Present the news clearly and on time with as few errors as possible.
• Ensure all product deadlines and quality standards are met.
• Produce pages with an eye for photo/graphic presentation, limiting errors and inaccuracies, achieving solid headline writing and consistent deadline performance.
• Respond to concerns or suggestions from supervisors about presentation, headlines, etc.
Please post your interest at www.scripps.com /careers and where possible, add a link or URL which contains samples of your work.
Experience and Skills:
• At least 2 years daily newspaper editorial experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in publication design, experience creating maps/graphics, with a background in line editing, copy editing, headline writing and picture editing.
• Understanding and operational fluency of contemporary newspaper technology (Saxotech experience, an InDesign-based platform, a plus) and front-end system interaction with wire services, syndicated feeds, online CMS system, etc.
How To Apply:
DO NOT use the Apply Online button. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://scripps.contacthr.com/26225251
Deadline To Apply: Nov. 5, 2012
Web site: http://scripps.contacthr.com/26225251
Posted: 10/06/2012 - 12:37 a.m.
Modified: 10/06/2012 - 05:57 p.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.