Camfed is a fast-paced and award-winning organization that invests in girls’ education and young women’s empowerment as the route to lasting change in Africa. Camfed is seeking a Development Officer to support fundraising and grant management for its programs in Ghana, Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Based at the Camfed USA Foundation in San Francisco, California, this pivotal role will support the drive for resources by presenting program needs and learning to donors, and the information needs of donors to colleagues internationally. The post requires close knowledge of both program and donor requirements in order to multiply opportunities for girls and young women. This will involve collaborating with staff across the offices internationally to ensure proposals, reports and other donor materials support program priorities.
• Support national offices in Africa in the preparation of donor reports by coordinating input from contributors, reviewing information prepared in country, and drafting, editing and finalizing reports.
• Prepare funding proposals for Camfed’s programs in Africa for submission to donors, partners and other supporters. This includes researching, coordinating and writing proposals and sharing learning in international development.
• Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information on contracts, proposals, grant implementation plans and reports is maintained on our donor database and support sharing of this information among teams internationally.
• Support the regular review of grants to ensure contract compliance and optimal use of funds.
• Ensure quality, up-to-date information is available to support Camfed’s programs by maintaining a database of internal and external research.
• Keep abreast of the latest thinking in donor policy and development issues in Africa.
• Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have: experience of effective reporting and written communications; strong research skills; excellent team-working and relationship-building skills; a commitment to girls’ education and young women’s empowerment; and an outstanding ability to communicate effectively and accurately with donors, in line with Camfed’s ethos of transparency and accountability.
How To Apply:
Please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications to email@example.com and reference ‘Development Officer’ by November 9, 2012.
|San Francisco||CA||competitive package||permanent||Full Time||Nov. 9, 2012|
- Created On: 10/05/2012 - 02:09 p.m.
- Modified On: 10/05/2012 - 04:52 p.m.