The Associated Press seeks a correspondent in Lansing, Mich., to lead the cooperative's coverage of state government and state and federal politics in Michigan.
Reporting to the Detroit-based Michigan News Editor, this reporter will build a beat that breaks news and positions the AP to respond quickly to events with enterprise that advances the story, with a focus on political and government news from Michigan that has relevance both inside the state and across the globe. He/she should be able to produce content in multiple formats (text, photo, video and audio) and will work with the Michigan News Editor to set the beat's agenda and produce reporting for the AP's newspaper, online and broadcast markets.
The successful candidate will:
· Identify and develop stories that break news, have impact and are exclusive to the AP.
· Report and produce compelling enterprise for state, national and global audiences, with a strong focus on accountability journalism.
· Execute those stories in all formats, in a timely fashion and under deadline pressure.
· Report and produce content on deadline in competitive situations.
The Associated Press is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates should have demonstrated excellence as a beat reporter, and have a proven record of developing sources, breaking news, originating story ideas and writing about complex issues in a clear and engaging way. Applicants need to understand the growing importance of multimedia news and be able to coordinate with AP staffers from other formats. The successful candidates should have at least five years of full-time reporting experience at a daily newspaper, broadcast station or AP bureau.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Authorization to work in the U.S. will be mandatory.
· Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language.
· Demonstrated aggressive use of public records and computer-assisted reporting experience is a plus.
· Ability to recognize and develop newsworthy stories of global interest and work accurately under deadline pressure.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects across formats.
How To Apply:
DO NOT use the Apply Online button. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://ap.contacthr.com/26050089
|Lansing||MI||Competitive||Full Time||Oct. 24, 2012|
- Web site:
- Created On: 09/25/2012 - 04:48 a.m.
- Modified On: 09/25/2012 - 04:06 p.m.