Founded in 1999, The Skoll Foundation’s mission is to drive large scale change by investing in, connecting and celebrating social entrepreneurs and the innovators who help them solve the world’s most pressing problems. By identifying the people and programs already bringing positive change around the world, Skoll empowers them to extend their reach, deepen their impact, and fundamentally improve society.
Skoll is widely recognized as a leading foundation in the field of social entrepreneurship. Over the past 10 years, Skoll has contributed to creating brighter futures for underserved communities by awarding more than $250M, including investments in 70 organizations on five continents around the world. Beyond investments and partnerships, Skoll shares the stories of social entrepreneurs through partnerships with leading film and broadcast organizations, and also operates programs that foster deep collaboration including the annual Skoll World Forum, the premier conference on social entrepreneurship. In alignment with our Founder’s vision, The Skoll Foundation seeks to make deep and lasting progress in solving some of the world’s thorniest problems in the following areas:
• Education and Economic Opportunity
• Effective Development
• Healthcare Access and Treatment
• Smallholder Productivity and Food Security
• Sustainable Markets
• Water and Sanitation
Please visit www.skollfoundation.org for a comprehensive look at the organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital, this position supports the development and production of creative products using video assets, still images and other multimedia resources for web and larger-format screens. The role requires a firm understanding of video production process (conception, storyboarding, treatment writing, shooting, sound, lighting, editing and motion graphics) with the ability to deliver projects alone, in teams and with outsourced vendors. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in administrating and coordinating a workflow cycle from pre- through post-production to meet project requirements, maintain a cohesive creative vision and steward input from multiple stakeholders. Videos produced would be featured at the Skoll Foundation’s flagship event The Skoll World Forum, on the Forum and Foundation website and at other venues as appropriate.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Works closely with executive management and digital team to establish goals, budget and final deliverables on multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Maintains reliable up-to-date data on all active projects including scheduling, progress reports and budgets to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
• Develops and maintains clear communication between all aspects of a project, both internally and with external vendors, in order to maximize efficiency and productivity.
• Coordinates production scheduling and content for all contributors and maintains consistent organization of said content (video and still images), including file structures, naming conventions, and version control.
• Works closely with digital team on alignment with content strategy and best applications for video as well as additional opportunities that can leverage existing video assets
• Researches and procures software/equipment/needs as requested. Organizes requests for purchase and/or use of images, media, quotations, music and other borrowed material.
• Helps to develop long-term sustainable video and creative strategies that meet the Foundation’s mission and objectives
• Has the ability to shoot and edit content (both photographic and video) as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Skills utilized in this position include developing and managing a full production schedule for video projects lasting from two days to 9 months with budgets ranging from shoestring to $250,000. The candidate will have a demonstrated entrepreneurial, self-motivated and collegial professional style with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative work environment. Excellent organization and communication / writing skills are a must. In addition he she must be able to:
• Develop creative briefs and outlines for executive review.
• Work with outside vendors to help ideate, organize, budget, edit and shepherd longer films through the Foundation executive staff.
• Create narrative concepts, shoot and edit short pieces (live interviews, events, etc.) to complement online content.
Demonstrated experience with DSLR camera shooting, Final Cut Pro editing, and basic lighting is extremely desirable and we strongly encourage applicants to submit reels of any past creative work.
Education and Experience:
• BA required; advanced degree preferred.
• 2-4 years experience producing, coordinating and supporting projects of multiple formats in several kinds of media at all levels of production.
Employment Status: Full Time Contract Position- 8-9 months (with possibility for extension). Must be located in Bay Area or willing to relocate independently.
How To Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify Video Producer/Project Manager in the message subject line. The foundation will contact qualified applicants. In your cover letter please tell us how your specific experiences and accomplishments address our needs and mission. Deadline for Application is October 19, 2012.
|Palo Alto||CA||A competitive compensation package will be commensurate with background||8-9 months (with possibility for extension)||Full Time||Oct. 19, 2012|
- Created On: 09/12/2012 - 01:15 p.m.
- Modified On: 09/12/2012 - 06:47 p.m.