The World Economic Forum USA is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Incorporated as a non-profit business league (approved §501(c)6 of the IRS code) and based in
New York, the World Economic Forum USA is impartial and not-for-profit; it is tied to no political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American affiliate of the World Economic Forum, a non-profit foundation based in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
As a result of the successful growth of our organization, we are now searching for a:
SENIOR PROGRAMME manager, programme development team
The Programme Development Team is responsible for the agendas of the World Economic Forum’s flagship events – the Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, and the Annual Meeting of the New Champions in the People’s Republic of China – which gather world leaders from business, politics, the media and civil society to address the most relevant and pressing challenges on the global, regional and industry agendas.
In this role, you will identify trends and breakthrough ideas in the larger issue space of business, innovation and entrepreneurship, understand their business, economic and social relevance, and translate them into cutting-edge sessions.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Using and improving the Forum’s extensive network of thought leaders from universities, think tanks and research institutes in relevant fields
* Working closely with internal teams representing industries, governments and civil society, and building strong relationships to link the New York Office with other World Economic Forum offices
* Identifying the most relevant issues, constructing compelling narratives and creatively combining a range of technologies, tools and formats to stimulate thinking and debate
* Engaging in programming for the World Economic Forum’s regional meetings, particularly in the sharing of programming best practices and content alignment
You exhibit demonstrated leadership capabilities as well as a natural curiosity and deep understanding of major developments within and in connection with the broader field of business, innovation and entrepreneurship. You have a proven interest in global affairs and a broad intellectual background, with a Master’s degree and a minimum of three years’ professional experience in a relevant business or not-for-profit organization, including academia and media.
You have strong drafting and synthesizing skills and the ability to communicate complex information succinctly. You are a service-oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willing to work in a highly demanding environment and ready to juggle multiple priorities. Fluency in English is a must; another language would be an asset.
You will join the Forum as part of our Global Leadership Fellows Programme (www.weforum.org/glf). As such, you would be fully integrated in the World Economic Forum and benefit from an intensive work and learning experience intended to develop and train future leaders of global enterprises and international organizations. The Global Leadership Programme is designed by the World Economic Forum in collaboration with its worldwide network of distinguished experts and leaders.
How To Apply:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9jgf93j
|New York||New York||Full Time||Oct. 7, 2012|
- Created On: 09/07/2012 - 10:07 a.m.
- Modified On: 09/07/2012 - 10:43 a.m.