Breast Cancer FundCategory: Miscellaneous
Location: San Francisco
Duration of Position: Permanent
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Breast Cancer Fund works to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease. We translate the science on the environmental causes of breast cancer into action that gives people practical tools to reduce their risk, and empowers them to raise their voices to create change so that our children, grandchildren and planet can thrive. Learn more at www.breastcancerfund.org.
The 24 people who work at the Breast Cancer Fund are passionate about our prevention mission and committed to excellent work done in a collaborative environment. Our communications department is a talented team of four that amplifies the organization’s mission, vision and work to the world and inspires people to join us to prevent breast cancer. The Communications Coordinator will contribute to all major communications activities, with an emphasis on media/influencer outreach. We’re looking for someone who’s outgoing and dynamic, with great communication skills; who’s excited about the interplay between media, community-building and technology; who thrives in a team environment; and who’s a social-change agent ready to help this small but powerful organization reach new and broader audiences.
• Help identify and cultivate relationships with key traditional reporters and social media influencers with potential to amplify our messaging and expand our community.
• Support media outreach efforts, including pitching, maintaining media lists, developing talking points and press materials, organizing press conferences and briefings, coaching organizational spokespeople and producing media coverage reports.
• Help generate creative content and topical campaigns for social media channels; co-manage daily maintenance and moderation of all channels.
• Refresh and maintain content elements of breastcancerfund.org; help keep site current, clean and engaging; interact with constituents who respond to our website and email blasts.
• Help execute marketing plans for the Breast Cancer Fund’s annual signature events, Climb Against the Odds and Peak Hike for Prevention, and other events as needed.
• Write and edit communications materials including news releases, fact sheets, web content, blog posts and newsletter articles.
• Support production of print and online materials, including project-managing design projects and maintaining photo archive.
• Superb writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• At least three years of experience in public relations, media advocacy, journalism, nonprofit communications or a related field, with an emphasis on direct media outreach
• Experience researching, monitoring, conducting outreach to and building relationships with reporters and bloggers; proven track record of generating earned media
• Experience contributing to and maintaining social media channels
• Strong print and digital content development background
• Strong project-management skills
• Experience with web content-management systems and constituent relationship management tools (Convio experience a plus); basic understanding of HTML
• Experience managing print and online design projects
• Preferably, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
• Preferably, familiarity with AP Stylebook
• Preferably, experience in environmental health, women’s or other advocacy-related communications
How To Apply:
Location: San Francisco
Hours: Full time
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance; paid vacation, sick and personal time; commuter benefit; potential flexible work schedule; long-term disability insurance
Email your resume, cover letter or message, and a relevant writing sample to email@example.com, subject line “Communications Coordinator.” Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by Monday, September 24, 2012. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The Breast Cancer Fund is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity.
Deadline To Apply: Sept. 24, 2012
Web site: http://www.breastcancerfund.org/
Posted: 09/05/2012 - 02:05 p.m.
Modified: 09/05/2012 - 04:31 p.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.