The MIX is an open innovation project aimed at crowdsourcing the future of management. The premise: while “modern” management is one of humankind’s most important inventions, it is now a mature technology that must be reinvented for a new age.
The MIX was co-founded by Gary Hamel, ranked by the Wall Street Journal as the world's most influential business thinker. The MIX is backed by several leading institutions, including McKinsey & Co, Red Hat, and Gartner. It has partnerships with Harvard Business Review, CNN Money/Fortune and a number of other prominent institutions. The site was launched in 2010 and its main “hub” is accessible at managementexchange.com. The MIX community is scaling rapidly with tens of thousands practitioners, the world’s leading management thinkers, and the leading idea contest in the field of management—the Harvard Business Review/McKinsey M-Prize for Management Innovation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The MIX is seeking a high-energy, self-starting, writer, thinker, producer to help drive our editorial and content strategy. This person would focus on:
1. General Editorial
– Authoring blogs on management innovation topics (leveraging user-generated content on the MIX, as well as other sources)
– Editing interviews with MIX Mavericks and MIX Masters—some of the world’s most progressive and influential thought leaders and executives (e.g., including editing, titling and framing clips/prepping for launch)
– Light editing and scheduling of posts from other MIX blog contributors
– Coordination of content from different MIX properties (e.g., MIX Mashup, MIX Hackathon), and development/curation of “Best of the MIX” features for the MIX’s main home page & curation of the MIX FIX—the MIX’s weekly newsletter
2. Editorial coverage and production (e.g., reporting/writing/editing/outreach) of MIX on-line events, including:
– The Harvard Business Review/McKinsey M-Prize
– Bespoke challenges (e.g., CEO Challenges)
– Management Hackathons (on-line problem-solving session)
3. Content strategy and curation:
– Help identify and execute on opportunities to leverage existing MIX content (e.g., content collections / packages; syndication opportunities)
– Develop strategies to improve the quality of user-generated content, as well as to achieve high community engagement, leveraging Web 2.0 best practices
We’re looking for an uncommon mix of talents (and would be happy to consider multiple candidates to fulfill the overall need): great writing chops, editing experience, the process discipline to manage the editorial trains, the knowledge and sensibility to identify progressive organizational practices and management innovations (and to distill the big ideas and practical implications of these), and the creativity to contribute to new content and community engagement approaches.
Our ideal candidate has ten+ years of experience in business/management journalism, other editorial and social media functions.
- Relevant experience in the digital media industry with proven expertise working at or with web publishers.
- A strong understanding of web business models and the metrics and drivers of impact for web publishers.
- Proven experience with and a deep understanding of the tools and tactics used to drive social media engagement.
How To Apply:
Please contact Polly LaBarre, the MIX's Editorial Director, including your resume and a short note outlining your interest in joining the MIX team.
|: The team is virtual, but the position would ideally be staffed in a time zone compatible with the Northeast (West Coast, Midwest, Northeast, Europe)||Contingent on candidate profile||3 months+||Unknown||Sept. 17, 2012|
- Created On: 08/27/2012 - 01:56 p.m.
- Modified On: 08/27/2012 - 04:51 p.m.