Category: Newspapers-Wire Services
The Commercial AppealCategory: Newspapers-Wire Services
Work Schedule: Full Time
Circulation District Manager
Circulation District Manager The Commercial Appeal is seeking a District Manager for the Memphis Metro area to oversee newspaper sales and service. Ideal candidate is a motivated individual who understands the importance of good customer service, and who can handle multiple tasks in a timely manner.
• Achieve consistently on-time delivery to subscribers.
• Assist in the distribution of company products to independent contractors.
• Recruit and adequately train contracted carriers.
• Establish, review, and adjust route delivery boundaries to maximize service and minimize expenses.
• Maintains company established complaint ratio standards.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Hours of work are approximately 1 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. weekdays and 12:00 am-9:30 am on Sunday. Days off will vary, and Sunday work is required. Position offers compensation based on salary, commission plan, mileage and benefits.
• A thorough understanding of independent contractor agreements.
• Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Fundamental proficiency with computers and technology with a basic understanding of MS Word and Excel and the ability to learn required company business systems.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record and must possess the company required level of personal auto liability insurance.
How To Apply:
DO NOT use the Apply Online button. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Deadline To Apply: Sept. 15, 2012
Web site: http://scripps.contacthr.com/25400591
Posted: 08/16/2012 - 02:33 a.m.
Modified: 08/16/2012 - 10:29 a.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.