WCPO-TV is seeking an Investigative MMJ to join our team. At WCPO, we're looking for people who are interesting and interested. Our employees are curious and inquisitive - and have a variety of interests outside of their careers. These characteristics are fundamental to our intense focus in serving the community and driving the company's success.
The Investigative MMJ collects and analyzes complex information of newsworthy events relying on critical relationships with local news makers. This position will be relied upon primarily for lead stories and/or specialized segments.
- Develop, create and research news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
- Uncover stories through investigation and research
- Use computer database to research statistics and facts
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit
- Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels
Education & Experience/Certifications
- BS/BA in related discipline
- 5-8 years experience in related field; certification required in some areas
How To Apply:
DO NOT use the Apply Online button. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
|Cincinnati||OH||Competitive||Full Time||Sept. 15, 2012|
- Web site:
- Created On: 08/16/2012 - 02:28 a.m.
- Modified On: 08/16/2012 - 10:28 a.m.